Trouble in mrm's house - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Trouble in mrm's house

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 332 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
I would get a copy of your state's landloard/ tenant laws to see what you have to do get her out. She may have "rights" despite the house being yours.

I realize that every state is different however as an example, in VT once a person has lived in a place for 30 days, they must be legally evicted, which can take several months. By simply changing the locks, she can do whatever she has to to get in: break a window, smash down the door, etc., and it wouldn't be illegal at all, even if she never paid rent.

Just the obscure stuff you might want to look into before tou "pull the trigger" on anything, just so your bases are covered.

Other than the living situation I'd definitely proceed with the larceny complaints. Even if the checks are not cashed she still stole your property, which is still a larceny despite not cashing them.

Good luck bro, sounds like a tough spot to be in.
I have contacted the fair housing authorties and it looks bleak for me if she is not arrested and convicted. The process I fear that I will have to go through will take several months. Also I will proceede with all charges I can have placed on her and I will offer no quarter.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #22

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Jack, you forgot the Visqueen! 4mm will do.
And lyme, gotta have lyme.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
...and this particularly troublesom looking street fellow that she has befriended here in the last 2 months.
OK, not to be an alarmist, but do either the roomie or this "street fellow" show any signs of drug use? I'm asking because i've heard similar stories about how a usually trust-worthy roomate has suddenly become broke & moochy & possibly sticky-fingered about the same time as they developed a new group of "friends" from some of my friends in the past. In each situation (except one), the roomie's real new "friend" was coke (not the soda). That can affect a person's logical abilities and their temper greatly, so be careful of her & her friends until you know what is up. I hope that is not the situation she has gotten you into.

Good luck getting rid of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
And lyme, gotta have lyme.
Lye SC, Lye. Good for outhouses & ground filler minimization.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:04 PM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2998 Times on 1563 Posts
Likes Given: 279

It sounds like Kali uses similar rules as here when it comes to the demand letter. That part is on the up and up. Once you have given permission for someone to use a piece of property, you must take away the permission in writing (Certified Mail). 10 days is standard.

Tennants (even w/o a lease) have rights. You have to evict her through the local courts.

Ask the SO/PD if they have access to Leads Online. Many pawn shops subscribe to this service. It would be easy to check for her pawn activity. In Texas a pawn is a loan and the item pawned is the collateral for the loan. The customer signs the pawn ticket stating the property used for collateral is legally theirs. If they sign the ticket/take the money and the property is not theirs, they have committed a separate offense (False Information to Obtain Credit). I file these all the time.

She has a drug problem. I would lay money on that. Consult an attorney.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 09-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
She has a drug problem. I would lay money on that.
The police officer & the pothead share the same suspicion, hmmmmmm could be.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
OK, not to be an alarmist, but do either the roomie or this "street fellow" show any signs of drug use? I'm asking because i've heard similar stories about how a usually trust-worthy roomate has suddenly become broke & moochy & possibly sticky-fingered about the same time as they developed a new group of "friends" from some of my friends in the past. In each situation (except one), the roomie's real new "friend" was coke (not the soda). That can affect a person's logical abilities and their temper greatly, so be careful of her & her friends until you know what is up. I hope that is not the situation she has gotten you into.

Good luck getting rid of her.

She smokes pot and drinks in excess from time to time usually on the weekends when she goes out bar hopping. The "street fellow" she has befriended is a drug user of the other types and is an alcholic. He has a record and is constantly picked up in this town by LE on warrants. He is one of the named suspects in the narritive in the Sheriffs report. This is the guy I'm watching out for. Also, all my firearms are now locked up in the safe when I'm not around the house. No one has the combination to the safe but me, and this safe is one heavy duty overkill unit. The Sheriffs Department asked me to make sure my firearms were kept secure at this time.

Last edited by mrm14; 09-01-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 09-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #27

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Oops, you are incorrect. Lye is a base for making soap. Lyme is the powder mineral base for treating soils. Purchased at every home and garden store in the country.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #28

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Oops, you are incorrect. Lye is a base for making soap. Lyme is the powder mineral base for treating soils. Purchased at every home and garden store in the country.
Or......a 55 gallon drum, chainsaw and 6 bottles of sulfuric acid. Battery acid will suffice if sulfuric is not available. I just saw that somewhere.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
She smokes pot and drinks in excess from time to time usually on the weekends when she goes out bar hopping. The "street fellow" she has befriended is a drug user of the other types and is an alcholic. He has a record and is constantly picked up in this town by LE on warrants. He is one of the named suspects in the narritive in the Sheriffs report.
Yup, her friend may have introduced her to other things. Most potheads i know (75% of my friends) don't have sudden increases in pot consumption that lead to a need to steal for pot money. I have known a number of coke users, recreational & other, and every one of them was a binge drinker, as best i recall. Watch duder & watch her; coke can lead to very bad decisions. If you see her buddy hanging around, consider calling the local police to ask about his current status warrant-wise; he didn't end up a "street fellow" from making good decisions.

Quote:
Oh crap! {runs off to find shovel} I could have sworn it was Red Devil Lye, the same stuff we made soap with in chemistry class. I know that is what we use at the outhouse for the cabin. Oh well, live & learn.

Last edited by orangello; 09-01-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #30

Quote:
Yup, her friend may have introduced her to other things. Most potheads i know (75% of my friends) don't have sudden increases in pot consumption that lead to a need to steal for pot money. I have known a number of coke users, recreational & other, and every one of them was a binge drinker, as best i recall. Watch duder & watch her; coke can lead to very bad decisions. If you see her buddy hanging around, consider calling the local police to ask about his current status warrant-wise; he didn't end up a "street fellow" from making good decisions.

Oh crap! {runs off to find shovel} I could have sworn it was Red Devil Lye, the same stuff we made soap with in chemistry class. I know that is what we use at the outhouse for the cabin. Oh well, live & learn.
Yep, I've been watching duder and her. He doesn't stop by to visit her outside anymore. (before this even happened I fobid this guy to step foot on my property) but he still walks down the street and now gives me dirty looks. She has been unusually quiet for about a month and a half now around me and that is out of character for her and seems suspicious. She acts most of the time when I do see her in the house as if nothing is wrong until I question her about it then she goes near nuts with threats. This behavior just doesn't make any sense to me. I've herd her on the house phone with duder at least twice since she recieved her Demand for return of personal property letter. Hard for me to tell whats being said because she goes into her room and locks the door but I do notice a sense of urgency and stress in the tone inflections of her voice during these calls. Wish I had a voice recorder that I could tap into my phone line to find out who she is talking to lately and what is being said. It is illegal and couldn't be used as evidence as far as I know. However, I am a phone guy and could do this if I had the recording device. Naw, I cant do that I contract to the phone companies and it is a violation of the Federal communications act. If I got caught doing this I'd be sh!t canned off all phone companied property in the U.S.

I believe that I just got to keep my cool and let the law do what they can.