Trouble in mrm's house - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Trouble in mrm's house

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 374 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeShane View Post
well the no roommates idea works too, i wasnt sure if you needed one to help out with bills and stuff. i know times are tough, trust me. but if you dont need one, then i wouldn't have one either.
I've never needed a roomate to help out with finances. Most of them were people who were friends down on the luck (job loss, divorce, etc...) Usually they stayed for a few months and demanded to pay their way while they lived with me and and left when they got back on their feet. This one was a retired State worker who had pissed her retirement away by borrowing against it over the years she did work for the state. At the time I let her move in it was convient for me as I needed someone to be in the house when I would be gone for days on end working. She has no pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of so she cleaned the house and did laundry to compensate me for rent.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
What state are you in? And did you ever have any sort of relationship with this woman other than landlord/tenant??

You could be in for a real battle, which could get ugly.

Here's hoping you can use the law on your side and not the other way around.

That has DICEY written all over it.

Good luck!
JD, I'm in California and I live in Sacramento County. I had a realtionship with her that ended 13 years ago, however we remained friends over the years. I expect that this will get ugly before it is over. And DICEY may be a mild term before this is all over.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
I've never needed a roomate to help out with finances. Most of them were people who were friends down on the luck (job loss, divorce, etc...) Usually they stayed for a few months and demanded to pay their way while they lived with me and and left when they got back on their feet. This one was a retired State worker who had pissed her retirement away by borrowing against it over the years she did work for the state. At the time I let her move in it was convient for me as I needed someone to be in the house when I would be gone for days on end working. She has no pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of so she cleaned the house and did laundry to compensate me for rent.
I understand that completely, but now that she is causing problems, shed have to leave.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1444 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
WOW! I only know what I would do in your situation. I'd burn her RIGHT NOW! Report the stuff stolen YESTERDAY. By her threatening you that killed any delay. I also would have kicked her out some time ago as well. Start the proceedings NOW.
Yea, what bear said! Or...............Dear Abby

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #15

I would get a copy of your state's landloard/ tenant laws to see what you have to do get her out. She may have "rights" despite the house being yours.

I realize that every state is different however as an example, in VT once a person has lived in a place for 30 days, they must be legally evicted, which can take several months. By simply changing the locks, she can do whatever she has to to get in: break a window, smash down the door, etc., and it wouldn't be illegal at all, even if she never paid rent.

Just the obscure stuff you might want to look into before tou "pull the trigger" on anything, just so your bases are covered.

Other than the living situation I'd definitely proceed with the larceny complaints. Even if the checks are not cashed she still stole your property, which is still a larceny despite not cashing them.

Good luck bro, sounds like a tough spot to be in.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
WOW! I only know what I would do in your situation. I'd burn her RIGHT NOW! Report the stuff stolen YESTERDAY. By her threatening you that killed any delay. I also would have kicked her out some time ago as well. Start the proceedings NOW.
Or.....darkness, a shovel and a large rug.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Do you have a written/notarized lease agreement with her? Trouble in mrm's house - The Club House

No tickie, no washie............I'd kick her to the curb and return her belongings when she returns yours!

Or.........Dear Abby

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Or.....darkness, a shovel and a large rug.

Jack
Jack, you forgot the Visqueen! 4mm will do.

- orangello

Old 09-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #19

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
JD, I'm in California and I live in Sacramento County. I had a realtionship with her that ended 13 years ago, however we remained friends over the years. I expect that this will get ugly before it is over. And DICEY may be a mild term before this is all over.
Yeah. Kalifornia. I can tell you, from a past employment experience where the company rented a house, and we put people up in it at company expense, when it came time to kick some people out for drug use and for being fired from the company because of it - they had all the rights in the world and the company had almost no legal recourse. Once they were able to prove they were residents there, paying a satellite bill in their name, and getting mail there, the company was S-Crewed.

The lease ended up expiring ( 5 months or so ) before we were able to get them out of the house.

Add into the fact that you once had relations, and in a community property state like that...

Good luck!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Do you have a written/notarized lease agreement with her? Trouble in mrm's house - The Club House

No tickie, no washie............I'd kick her to the curb and return her belongings when she returns yours!

Or.........Dear Abby
No written/notorized lease agreement here and the house belongs to the trust I am trustee of. The Trust states that the Trustee shall be provided a home to live in by the trust until he/she dies, relinquishes his/her duties as trustee to next sucessor trustee, or dies which will envoke the next named sucessor trustee to take over. My brothers (benificaries) dont want any part of managing this trust as it is quite large and are quite happy for me to carry this burden.