Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Training wildlife to behave (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/training-wildlife-behave-84011/)

partdeux 02-12-2013 01:20 AM

Training wildlife to behave

Apparently the French have figured it out, all you have to do is traumatize them into behaving. You can't make this stuff up!
Can you teach a wolf not to eat sheep?

The idea is being floated in France, where the return of the wolf has got farmers and environmentalists at each other's throats.

Under a proposed "National Wolf Plan," the government says it will conduct experiments into "educating" the canine carnivore, which is spreading stealthily in remote areas.

Rest assured, this scheme does not entail lecturing wolves about the cuteness of lambs or trying to convert them to vegetarianism.

Instead, it entails capturing individual wolves that are known to attack a local flock and then marking these bothersome predators before letting them go.

The theory is that the animal will be so traumatised by the experience that it will leave the sheep alone and instead hunt for deer, boar, rabbits and other wild animals.
source

dango 02-12-2013 01:35 AM

No way , I call "BS" . Just ain't no way that's possible.! Why just the other day I was........................Wait.......I hear a bell tinkling....I'm Drooling... ...!...?

Never Mind.........! ........:eek:...:confused:

dog2000tj 02-12-2013 01:37 AM

can't really blame the wolves ... lamb tastes so damned good :p

sdiver35 02-12-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj
can't really blame the wolves ... lamb tastes so damned good :p

^^^^^Like, Like,Like^^^^^^

hmh 02-12-2013 02:28 AM

I seen something on PBS about that. Except they were doing it in Yellowstone if I remember the livestock wasn't saved.

c3shooter 02-12-2013 03:01 AM

Well, it DOES work- but the wolf has to be traumatized with 165 grains of lead at 2600 FPS........

locutus 02-12-2013 03:04 AM

Seriously, the FRENCH?? whadda ya expect?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

JonM 02-12-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1134188)
Seriously, the FRENCH?? whadda ya expect?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its not a french idea. Our government has been doing this idiocy for decades on wolves.

Original we tried it on people and still do it. We capture people in the act of commiting a crime or after the fact and traumatize them by holding them in a research facility where they are closely monitored and some are tagged a
nd released back into the wild.

Results are the same for people as for wolves. Its a stupid idea regardless of species its tried on.

Think about it

RUG3R44 02-12-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1134186)
Well, it DOES work- but the wolf has to be traumatized with 165 grains of lead at 2600 FPS........

Works on coyotes and stray dogs too....Every time! ;)

eatmydust 02-12-2013 03:14 PM

As long as there are boar, deer, rabbit, cats, dogs, children, etc., it might work but when times get tough a wolf's gotta do what a wolf's gotta do to get by, man!