Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Train through the area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Train through the area

Hey all, I have a question. A train just came through the area and it was set up like nothing I have ever seen before. There were orange cords going from car to car. Some it plugged into others it did not. It was moving incredibly slow. Some cars were marked while others were not. The cars that were not marked had the cords plugged into them. The cars that were marked had signs denoting Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, limestone slurry, Acid, and others had multiple placards on them. I did not have my MSDS Haz-Mat DOT book w/ me so I could not look up the numbers and I dont remember specific numbers now.
The last three cars appeared to be huge generators that all of the orange cords fed into.

What in the hell do you think I just witnessed? I have been watching trains run up and down that line for the past 25 years and have never seen anything like that.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 PM   #2

Liked 1767 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 910

Sounds like something needed to be kept cool. Was it headed for "a remote airfield in N.M."?
Those damned aliens are popping up everywhere.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5332 Times on 2783 Posts
Likes Given: 339

yup extremely cold. prolly pressurized and cold and needed to be kept that way. cords were prolly feeding power from the generators to the fridge units.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #4

The sodium chloride doesnt bother me but the sodium hydroxide and units marked acid did. Sodium hydroxide is nasty stuff.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 07-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

You didn't get any pictures?

Old 07-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #6

No.
Recently in NY it has been made a primary offense to have a cell phone in hand and the fines are out of sight (like over $300 after you add in court fees and such). To that extent, I would never concider having anything that could be construed as a cell phone in my hands while in the driver seat.
The police state is running low on funds and officer howdy has a pen full of ink so one needs to be under the radar at all times.
I even changed two of my AR's to ensure complete compliance to NYS laws in regards to stocks and mags.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:01 AM   #7
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Probably on its way to Procter and Gamble to make some Laundry detergent.

Or it could be Aliens.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #8

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Naw, they just lanced the boil at Three Mile Island.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7841 Times on 4527 Posts
Likes Given: 10100

I wonder why they would transport so many different reactive chemicals together? That doesn't seem right to me.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:34 AM   #10

Liked 293 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus556 View Post
The sodium chloride doesnt bother me but the sodium hydroxide and units marked acid did. Sodium hydroxide is nasty stuff.
Sodium Hydroxide is simple lye and a base. Base neutralizes acid. Depending on the molar concentration of each cooling may be necessary to keep evpaoration to a minimum. You wouldn't want to get a snoot full of either if the concentration was high enough.

Probably like Shihan said and it's going to a soap factory.