Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Trading cards (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/trading-cards-70564/)

texaswoodworker 08-17-2012 06:02 PM

Trading cards

I was digging through some old stuff last night, and I found some old cards from a trading card game I used to play when I was much younger. (Yugioh). I just happened to get into the game when it was still new, so many of these cards are 1st editions. So out of curiosity, I looked up their value.

Some of them were worth as much as $50 each. :eek: Most were only worth a dollar or two, and a few were worth $20. This was unbelievably surprising, because most of these card are only 7-8 years old.

Here's my question. These cards' value adds up. It doesn't add up to a fortune, but it adds up enough to buy a few parts for My AR project. Should I go ahead and sell them, or should I sit on them awhile (years) and see if they increase in value?

Thanks.

mountainman13 08-17-2012 06:14 PM

Sell them before complete economic collapse.

winds-of-change 08-17-2012 07:05 PM

I'd sell them, too.

dog2000tj 08-17-2012 07:27 PM

a friend of mine probably has $50k+ in toys stored in his parents basement. He has toted them from NJ to AZ back to NJ to MA and back to NJ again over the last 8 years or so. His reasoning for not getting rid of them is that the toy market is down and he will not get the full value for them :rolleyes:

Yet he has no problem with the costs of packing, moving, unpacking and for most of the time storing them :confused:

If those cards are not part of your EOTW retirement plan, sell em' :cool:

texaswoodworker 08-18-2012 01:50 AM

Well, it looks like I'm selling them.

There a part of me that sort of doesn't want to get rid of them, but then the part of me that want's an AR shuts the other part of me up. :D

Where should I sell them? Ebay? A site that sells them to collectors like this (http://www.collectorscache.com/Default.aspx?tabid=9&tabindex=0)?

Thanks for the advice everyone.

marc29th 08-18-2012 02:04 AM

For fast cash sell at a comic book shop or for more money but slower sell on ebay.

Fathead00 08-18-2012 03:41 AM

That's the same thing with my comic books. I have about 1,700 comics, but I won't sell them for some strange reason.

texaswoodworker 08-18-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc29th (Post 907669)
For fast cash sell at a comic book shop or for more money but slower sell on ebay.

I don't think there's a comic book shop around here. :( I'll probably go with ebay. I'm also going to ask on a yugioh forum since they would probably now a good place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00 (Post 907791)
That's the same thing with my comic books. I have about 1,700 comics, but I won't sell them for some strange reason.

OMG!!! :eek: That's a lot of comic books. How much room do they take up?

ineverFTF 08-18-2012 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
I was digging through some old stuff last night, and I found some old cards from a trading card game I used to play when I was much younger. (Yugioh). I just happened to get into the game when it was still new, so many of these cards are 1st editions. So out of curiosity, I looked up their value.

Some of them were worth as much as $50 each. :eek: Most were only worth a dollar or two, and a few were worth $20. This was unbelievably surprising, because most of these card are only 7-8 years old.

Here's my question. These cards' value adds up. It doesn't add up to a fortune, but it adds up enough to buy a few parts for My AR project. Should I go ahead and sell them, or should I sit on them awhile (years) and see if they increase in value?

Thanks.

If it will help you with your AR i will throw in my little brothers old pokemon cards :p

texaswoodworker 08-18-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ineverFTF (Post 907823)
If it will help you with your AR i will throw in my little brothers old pokemon cards :p

lol, you never know. I though they were only going to be worth a few bucks at most when I looked. Some of those old cards may be worth something. ;)

Come to think of it, I think I still have a few pokemon cards too from waaay back. :D I'll be right back.......

Yep, I have a pretty good sized stack of them. I may be getting that BCM upper sooner than I thought. :D

EDIT: I did a quick search on a few of them, and they have some value. Not too much, but some.