Tourist arrested after trying to check in gun at WTC site
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tourist arrested after trying to check in gun at WTC site

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 781 Times on 419 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Default Tourist arrested after trying to check in gun at WTC site

Thank God they saved us from that law abiding citizen.
We can sleep in ease now...

Tourist tried to check in gun at WTC site - US news - msnbc.com

Quote:
A tourist from Tennessee reportedly thought she could check her loaded gun at New York City's Sept. 11 memorial.

The New York Post says 39-year-old Meredith Graves was visiting the memorial at the World Trade Center site on Dec. 22 and noticed a sign that said "No guns allowed." The Post reports that Graves asked police where she could check her loaded pistol. She was arrested on a gun-possession charge.

Graves has a legal permit to carry a weapon in Tennessee, but New York's gun laws are stricter.

The Post says Graves posted bond and is due back in court March 19. She faces 3½ years in prison if convicted.

“You’d think states would reciprocate with the Second Amendment. She has a license to carry in Tennessee,” her mother-in-law told the Post.

The newspaper says her attorney at Legal Aid did not return phone calls.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #2

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Welcomed to the "PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF NEW YORK". Simply can not wait for global warming to melt the polar ice caps and raise the sea level. Bye bye New York City and L.A. I' m letting my f150 idle for a couple hours tonght. Problem is man made global warming is just more liberal BS. Like gun control makes for safer cities.

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 12-30-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:25 AM   #3

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Wow, I'm glad they took her off the streets, I'm sure she was planning an interstate crime spree.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:59 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

D@mned for trying to do the right thing. Granted, irresponsible gun ownership on her part for not knowing the laws of the state she was visiting, but excessive is remotely strong enough a word. Bet she'll never trust a police officer again (or return to new York). Yet another good reason not to venture into large cities... Group think lowers IQ's exponentially.

EXPENDABLE

Old 12-30-2011, 02:42 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

She should have researched more before her trip, but where is the common sense here? It is like the child who realizes he accidentally brought a pocketknife to school, turns it in to the teacher right away, and is subsequently suspended/expelled. All it does is punish people for trying to do the right thing.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #6

I could have swore I got an email from the NRA stating a bill had been passed that enforced concealed carry state reciprocity. Every state but Hawaii now honors other states permits. Did I misread this or what???

Old 12-30-2011, 03:08 AM   #7

Liked 4525 Times on 2252 Posts
Likes Given: 1017

So what, she made a mistake... The mistake of trusting the police. that's a 3 1/2 year lesson she's gonna have to learn. Hopefully she'll learn her lesson next time and not interact with the police at all.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:14 AM   #8

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Horrible horrible horrible...

I bet that cop was excited too

Old 12-30-2011, 03:18 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

she broke the rule of the three S's. shoot-shovel-shutup

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-30-2011, 03:25 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9509 Times on 4092 Posts
Likes Given: 1493

JDAMS- afraid you are mistaken. VERY mistaken. That measure WAS passed by the House. There is NO similar measure in the Senate. Unless they pass it, it will not go to the President for his signature. Until THAT happens, it is not law. And the holdout state will not be Hawaii, but Illinois, which HAS no concealed carry permit system.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.