Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Top Shot Season 5 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/top-shot-season-5-a-92244/)

ScottA 06-13-2013 12:19 PM

Top Shot Season 5

Thank God they got rid of all the team drama. It's a lot of fun to watch again.

apwvsd40ve 06-13-2013 12:24 PM

This is actually my first season watching. I really enjoy the show..but I have to say that a few of the cast members get on my nerves a little. They gave a lot of camera time this week to the one that I liked the least...but I wont have to worry about hearing that cast member next week! Really enjoying this show so far!

okieboy 06-13-2013 12:37 PM

They used to offer it on Netflix. That's how I got hooked. Watched season 1 and 2 one summer. Completely missed season 4

nitestalker 06-13-2013 01:48 PM

Any programs regarding the positive safe use of firearms is great. Personally I am tired of all these shows where felons hold Glocks side ways and kills dozens of people. :(

okieboy 06-13-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1275300)
Any programs regarding the positive safe use of firearms is great. Personally I am tired of all these shows where felons hold Glocks side ways and kills dozens of people. :(

Amen!! I'm getting tired of people thinking all gun owners act like that

MemphisJim1 06-13-2013 03:40 PM

Season 5 is a major improvement over the past. As has been cited, elimination of the personality by-play and clubhouse drama is the most noticeable improvement. Still, it strikes me that too much time is still given to individual soliloquies and vignettes. God knows the cameras are rolling when there's shooting...let's see more of that. Otherwise, the presentation of people actually enjoying shooting...and doing it safely with a fair level of skill is always a pleasure to watch.

akers06 06-13-2013 04:34 PM

Great show I love it

apwvsd40ve 06-14-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MemphisJim1 (Post 1275378)
Season 5 is a major improvement over the past. As has been cited, elimination of the personality by-play and clubhouse drama is the most noticeable improvement. Still, it strikes me that too much time is still given to individual soliloquies and vignettes. God knows the cameras are rolling when there's shooting...let's see more of that. Otherwise, the presentation of people actually enjoying shooting...and doing it safely with a fair level of skill is always a pleasure to watch.

Agree with the soliloquies....too much taking from the guy that got sent home the other night!

nitestalker 06-14-2013 02:19 AM

The facts are these shows are expensive. Some one has to feel they are getting their moneys worth to pay for these shows. In America Drama sells. The attention span of an American is connected to Drama and sex. Without these elements TV would still be radio.:D

apwvsd40ve 06-14-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1275860)
The facts are these shows are expensive. Some one has to feel they are getting their moneys worth to pay for these shows. In America Drama sells. The attention span of an American is connected to Drama and sex. Without these elements TV would still be radio.:D

While I agree to a point....I don't watch any shooting based shows for drama/sex. For example, Shooting USA does not fit your mold....but I still watch faithfully every wk.