Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Top Shot FTF style.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Default Top Shot FTF style.

OK We are all knockin Top Shot so How would we fix it.

Changes:

1. Host get a host that has some knowledge about firearms.

2. No one gets eliminated.

3. Everyone stays the entire time.

4. Leader board showing who is in the lead over all and who did what in each challange.

5. We would start with a long bow then progress to modern firearms.
Long bow
Cross bow
match lock
flint lock
cap and ball
rimfire cartridge
centerfire black powder rifle and pistol
centerfire smokeless rifle and pistol

Then the grand finale would be one long shooting course that awarded point for speed and accuracy with every weapon shot on the show. The shots would be based on but not exactly like the prior shooting on the show.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1348 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1764

Default Rambo!!!!!!

Come back and tell me how many rounds it took for the Military to kill one NVA, in Nam. And how many rounds it took by the Snipers!!!!! Snipers do their homework!!!!!! One Shot Kill!!!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 886 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 289

I like the challenges like the zip line. That was interesting and unexpected. They just need to keep score and treat it as a competition where you compete until the end instead of a reality show.

If they really must kick people off the show, do it based on the competition not based on votes. When it gets down to the last 4 or 5 people the "Top shot" will get voted off because the others will realize he is better than they are. This defeats the purpose of the show and makes it into a competition of being friends with the most people instead of being the most accurate.

Maybe it should be a 2 hour special instead of a season long series.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-12-2010, 06:49 PM   #4

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Yeah. I damn near puked when the host referred to the AR as an assault rifle.

Show would be better if team competitions were followed by team v team eliminations. Shooters would be selected by results of team competition similar to seed match-ups in NCAA tourney.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Come back and tell me how many rounds it took for the Military to kill one NVA, in Nam. And how many rounds it took by the Snipers!!!!!
There is no definite number on number of rounds for infantry kills in Vietnam.

The commonly accepted ratio was 1.7 rounds fired by US snipers in Vietnam to achive an enemy KIA, but with the number of "probables" listed, and the fact that the NVA would drag off wounded and dead, there is no definite answer.

Now what does that have to do with Tango's TV show??

Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I'm fine with Colby as host, but he is being "handled" behind the scenes which is to be expected. I'm sure the Assault Rifle ref was mandated by the director and used to "dumb it down" for public consumption.

But I agree with Tango that it should be based upon cumulative results and a winner crowned at the end. Too easy to vote off the competition.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I was interested in this show until I watched it and saw it was a "Survivor" style show that had more to do with personalities than shooting. As soon as they started voting I tuned out and won't look back.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

OK So what would you guys do to fix it? That is what this thread is all about.

We all know it is broke lets fix it shoot out some ideas.

I think they should take 8 experienced shooters and 8 people with little to no experience and pair them up. Then you have the novice shooters compete in the end to see who got the best. That would be a good show I think.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #9
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1905 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 691

I think it makes sense to set up the competition in brackets. Competitors go head to head until just two to determine the winner.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA