Top Shot - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Top Shot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

A couple of years ago at a Georgia Carry meet & greet I had the opportunity to shoot a fella's Ruger Mark II open division race gun. It was fully tricked out with red dot, huge Volquartzen target grips, about a 1 lb trigger, and all sorts of counterweights and doo-dads - I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it. I suspect the reverse is absolutely true, folks that shoot open division race guns are going to have a real tough time picking up a regular gun and performing well. They also tend to shoot very light loads so recoil will be "new" to them...

Old 02-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5802 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
A couple of years ago at a Georgia Carry meet & greet I had the opportunity to shoot a fella's Ruger Mark II open division race gun. It was fully tricked out with red dot, huge Volquartzen target grips, about a 1 lb trigger, and all sorts of counterweights and doo-dads - I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it. I suspect the reverse is absolutely true, folks that shoot open division race guns are going to have a real tough time picking up a regular gun and performing well. They also tend to shoot very light loads so recoil will be "new" to them...
exactly. they might as well just use airsoft guns. or get rid of the bullets and just use laser beams on thier holo sighted rail guns.

you watch those guys shoot and the gun never moves except the slide going back and forth. if i didnt have to contend with recoil i could do a lot better shooting.

i just love seeing those "grandmasters" get spanked by the average joe lol

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-16-2011, 03:52 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

The only thing more irritating than the drama queen aspect is Captain Obvious over there saying "George hits his first target! George misses the second target! etc".

Old 02-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

He wears me out pretty fast.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 02-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2968 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 330

I find it somewhat interesting that many of these people come from environments where being a team player is critical to accomplish their various jobs. Suddenly they show up at this house and they whine and complain about the personalities of the other players.
"So & So said this and it really bothered me." Geez. So what. Grow a thicker skin and move on. Many of them are former or current Military or LEO in one form or another. Have they never worked/lived with people that were annoying?
Shoot more, whine less.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 02-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I had to live in my mother-in-laws basement once for two weeks. My skins bullet proof.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7