Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Top Shot (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/top-shot-38342/)

HKSlinger 02-12-2011 03:08 AM

Top Shot

I was watching the new season tonight. That Chris fellow shot the magnum pretty good. I wonder if they were shooting mags. or spls. out of that 29?

doctherock 02-14-2011 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKSlinger (Post 443257)
I was watching the new season tonight. That Chris fellow shot the magnum pretty good. I wonder if they were shooting mags. or spls. out of that 29?

I don't watch it as the drama turns all the bad ass gun handlers into sissy b!tches.

Harleygunner 02-14-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctherock (Post 444904)
I don't watch it as the drama turns all the bad ass gun handlers into sissy b!tches.

Amen to that ! The talking behind someones back, and coniving has already started.
I'll probably watch, though. I like to see the challenges they come up with for these folks to shoot, and the weapons they have to do it with.

amoroque 02-14-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKSlinger (Post 443257)

They kept saying that it was a 44 mag, so I was under the impression thats what it was, but, I could be wrong...it is TV after all.

I kept thinking while watching that maybe we should have a FTF "top shot" competition. All of us duplicate the challenges on the show video tape them to compare and then the winner should apply for the competition. Then all of us could back them.......afterall, being the FTF "TopShot" would be pretty impressive on a resume.

M14sRock 02-15-2011 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amoroque (Post 445420)
They kept saying that it was a 44 mag, so I was under the impression thats what it was, but, I could be wrong...it is TV after all.

I kept thinking while watching that maybe we should have a FTF "top shot" competition. All of us duplicate the challenges on the show video tape them to compare and then the winner should apply for the competition. Then all of us could back them.......afterall, being the FTF "TopShot" would be pretty impressive on a resume.

I have a place to set up the zip line. But if I built one I'd never get off of it.

NGIB 02-16-2011 10:52 AM

I've liked the challenges so far as any Top Shot should be able to perform with a 1911 and a Colt Official Police. While the paintball stuff was certainly included for TV, it would make it tougher to be on target for sure. Yeah, they need to add drama for TV but I still think this show is great for shooters as it exposes the public to the "sport". Observations so far:

I'd like to kick Jay in the junk - hard.
The AF spec ops guy Ashley appears to be for real and very proficient.
The huge AF sniper George appears to be a poser.
The fed Jermaine is a solid competitor.
The women competing are easy on the eyes.
Tommy guns are seriously cool.

At this early stage my money is on Ashley...

JonM 02-16-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctherock (Post 444904)

competeing head to head in an unknown match unknown rules seperates the real shooters from those that are only able to perform a muscle memmory task the same way over and over. if someone trained for years every day riding down a zipline shooting plates a lot of folks could become really really good at it. very few people perform well when faced with the unknown.

i think thats why i like the show a lot it removes that venear of ipsec BS and exposes who is better when when its a even playing field with no advantages in special race guns.

the thing i hate the most about ipsec is they dont use out of the box unmodified guns. when peeps are faced using a real weapon its a LOT different that a specialized tool that is only good for phoney speed shooting.

yeah there is a lot of stupid drama sht added with personality conflicts but i watch it to see the competition and see who has what it takes and who doesnt. like that athena chick last nite didnt listen to the expert and got her ass spanked by the guy that payed attention. i dont care if she is a grand master at pie throwing when it came to shooting real pistols and learning a skill quick she sucked. take away the fancy shooting rigs with all things being equal it really seperates out the poser ipsec peeps from folks that can really shoot.

NGIB 02-16-2011 12:18 PM

Jon, I seriously agree. On DISH I have the Outdoor channel (396) that shows shooting shows every Wednesday evening. Fun stuff to watch but when I see the guns the pro steel shooters use - it's funny to me. They use full custom race guns and shoot very light loads - nothing at all like regular folks would shoot. It's not surprising to me that the IPSC and USPSA folks don't do well out of their environment using unfamiliar guns...

birdie 02-16-2011 01:05 PM

Wanna see who is a good shot, let's give an old rifle wit bent sight to a red neck, looking at a charging boar, see who can shoot then! Now that's drama! If he can't shoot well you get pic.

Car54 02-16-2011 01:28 PM

After two shows:

1: I'm really surprised there a couple shooters that have not hit a target yet.

2: I agree with NGIB the Jay is the pain. The blue team will be "gunning" to get him out.

3: Maggie has pretty eyes and she looks better with her hair up.

4: Colby needs to be hung on a target stand to put us out of our misery having to listen to his PITA drone.