Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Top 3 Men who Ever Lived (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/top-3-men-who-ever-lived-58596/)

Tackleberry1 02-23-2012 05:14 PM

Top 3 Men who Ever Lived

I am interested to know who our members believe to be the top 3 men WHO EVER LIVED. Please provide the logic for your selections. You can pick anyone you like but understand that any votes for Ryan Seacrest WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE FACE PALM.:D

I'll begin...

1. Jesus Christ because weather you buy into christian dogma or not, it's hard to deny the Christian influence on Western Democracy.
2. George Washington not because he led the continental army or because he was the first POTUS. Because he had every opportunity to create his own monarchy and declare himself King George the 1st but he didn't. He walked away from power setting the precedent for the peaceful transfer of power.
3. John Moses Browning because his genius pushed small arms development to near perfection and in doing so helped provide the masses with the tools to defend their liberty, not to mention ensuring US forces an our allies had some of the finest weapons available at there disposal.

That's my list. Let the debate begin!

Tack

trip286 02-23-2012 05:18 PM

I agree with your list, but I believe Andrew Jackson shot a man in the ass during a duel. That has to make a list somewhere. Not to mention the kegger they had for his inaugural ball.

LONGHAIR 02-23-2012 06:02 PM

My Grampa...My Dad...and of cores Me.....:D.......

danf_fl 02-23-2012 08:22 PM

Christianity was started before Jesus was born. (like "Feed the Christians to the lions.")

My three (and not in particualar order):
JMB
Col Cooper
Sam Colt

Each has contributed to the maintenance of freedom in their own way.

robocop10mm 02-24-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 718249)
Christianity was started before Jesus was born. (like "Feed the Christians to the lions.")

???? Why do you think they called it "Chrisitanity"? Christians were "fed to the lions as early as perhaps 64 AD, some 32 years after the death of Jesus.

Tackleberry1 02-24-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 718486)
???? Why do you think they called it "Chrisitanity"? Christians were "fed to the lions as early as perhaps 64 AD, some 32 years after the death of Jesus.

Thanks Robo, that seemed pretty obvious to me too.

Now, who tops your list of three

Tack

danf_fl 02-24-2012 08:33 AM

I humbly stand corrected.

robocop10mm 02-24-2012 10:06 AM

OK

Jesus
JMB
Gandhi

How's that for range?

bkt 02-24-2012 10:27 AM

I gotta go with Tackleberry1's three. Couldn't agree more.

Muliemaster 02-24-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm
OK

Jesus
JMB
Gandhi

How's that for range?

Jesus william h boney, an Andrew jackson