Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tool box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 05:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Default Tool box

Tango needs a tool box. A smaller one. I am building myself a computer repair kit. The crap they give us at work SUCKS. It is cheap tools that bend or break if you look at them cross eyed.

I have screw drivers, wire cutters, and various stuff along with some small testing equipment.

I am looking to keep this under $50.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #2

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Assuming you are not talking about a mechanic's type of box but something more portable I would look at Home Depot or Lowes for an Electricians Toolbag. Much less bulk an ideally suited for the type of tools you would be using.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-25-2011, 05:33 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

soft or hard?

Old 03-25-2011, 05:35 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Tango I have worked in 7 states, something like 22-23 cities and halfway around the world. In all my travels I have yet to find better tools, or better equipment, than Klein. They make quality, made in the USA stuff and they have tools for just about everything.

Klein Tools, Inc. - Handtools for Professional Electricians, HVAC and Lineman, Klein Tools, Chicago, Illinois | Pliers, Fish Tapes, Wire Strippers, Voice-Data-Video Testers, Cable Cutters, Screwdrivers, Nut Drivers, Wrenches, Knives, Scissors, Snips,

I can HIGHLY recommend them. They cost a little more than average, but they will last the rest of your lifetime and your son will still have good tools to work with long after you are gone.

JD

Old 03-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

What I have found to be plain awesome is one of those buckets with the husky bucket tool bag on them. I was an electrician when I had one, have one in my garage now too. Pockets for everything and storage for parts at the bottom of the bucket. Youre spending MAYBE 15 bucks for the entire thing. They have them on sale at Home Depot.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #6

No I don't need a rollaway. I just need a small decent toolbox. I have a cheap orange Home Depot giveaway but that is what I use for my HOA tools. I have a big three drawer Kobalt one at home that is plastic with steel drawers. I love it but that is way to big for what I am doing.

I need something that is easy to store and of decent quality.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not a box but this might fit the bill...

Amazon.com: Custom LeatherCraft 1539 18 Multi-Compartment Tool Carrier: Home Improvement

Or this smaller one...
http://www.amazon.com/Custom-LeatherCraft-1537-Multi-Compartment-Carrier/dp/B000EDTSYW/ref=pd_cp_hi_1

Check Amazon, they have a lot.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #8

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

I got one of these at Home Depot for under $20. I use it for my firearm toolbox. I like it because (a) it has an open top; (b) it was cheap; and (c) it has many pockets, and I do love me some pockets.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #9

I think either one of them will work Poink. Thanks for the links. Would much rather have a soft sided one vs a big metal clanging tool box.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #10

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Default Sprotek

I got one of these as a present at Xmas. Yet to find a job it cant handle on computers