Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Today is Vietnam Veterans Day (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/today-vietnam-veterans-day-61390/)

downsouth 03-29-2012 09:32 PM

Today is Vietnam Veterans Day

1 Attachment(s)
I know we have some of you heros in the forum. I just want to say thanks for going, serving, and returning in some of the worst overall conditions that could have been asked of you. Your sacrafices are responsible for the pride most have for our troops today. Again thanks. ds

Attachment 42662

PlaysWithZombies 03-29-2012 09:40 PM

Absolutely. And i'd like to give a shout out to "damn" Sam Allen, a vietnam vet and my personal hero

texaswoodworker 03-29-2012 09:42 PM

Thank you for you service, and great sacrifices vets.

orangello 03-29-2012 09:53 PM

Agreed! Thanks for serving.

PanBaccha 03-29-2012 10:20 PM

Drafted into service for Vietnam in 1965 at age 18. Came back completely changed. Never saw the world the same again.
But most certainly did see the chest-beating politicians for the maggots they were and still are today.

Snakedriver 03-29-2012 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Me in late 1972 at Pleiku Vietnam. At this point, I was a 20 y.o. seasoned pro having survived the Easter Offensive of '72 that was greater than the Tet of '68 attack. My unit suffered 25% fatalities with another 15% casualties among the pilots.

SSGSF 03-30-2012 01:13 AM

Yes thank you for your services and sacrifices.

winds-of-change 03-30-2012 04:48 AM

As I've said many times before and I'll say again, there is a special place in my heart for Vietnam Veterans and I send love to you all. It was a very difficult time in the history of America.

Snakedriver, you were a very handsome young man and I'm sorry for what you had to experience but I'm glad you are with us today. My deepest gratitude and love to you all who served our country during the Vietnam war.

SK2344 03-30-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 755911)
I know we have some of you heros in the forum. I just want to say thanks for going, serving, and returning in some of the worst overall conditions that could have been asked of you. Your sacrafices are responsible for the pride most have for our troops today. Again thanks. ds

Attachment 42662

I joined when it was the thing to run and hide in Canada. I realy do appreciate it when someone says to me, "Thanks for Serving". I always wear my US Army Hat and I will always wear it proudly. The only thing that ticks me off is when these stupid TV Media say, We would like to thank the Military overseas who are there Fighting for Our Freedom." At no time while I was in the Army, did I think I was fighting for Our Freedom! I have news for these morons, America gained it's Freedom after the Revolutionary War! I think we have been a Free Country ever since then but I have some doubt after Obama gets Re-Elected! God Help America!:mad:

winds-of-change 03-30-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK2344 (Post 756355)
I joined when it was the thing to run and hide in Canada. I realy do appreciate it when someone says to me, "Thanks for Serving". I always wear my US Army Hat and I will always wear it proudly. The only thing that ticks me off is when these stupid TV Media say, We would like to thank the Military overseas who are there Fighting for Our Freedom." At no time while I was in the Army, did I think I was fighting for Our Freedom! I have news for these morons, America gained it's Freedom after the Revolutionary War! I think we have been a Free Country ever since then but I have some doubt after Obama gets Re-Elected! God Help America!:mad:

I wondered about that, too. You all were fighting for someone else's freedom at that time. Then..........after all those years and lost lives we hand it over to 'em anyway. :mad: