Today I mourn the passing of a beloved friend - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Today I mourn the passing of a beloved friend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Matt, I am so sorry for your loss. I've lost 2 dogs that were my kids one in 2002 and one in 2006. I haven't had the strength to look at all the posts about this, but please search for the "Rainbow Bridge" It gave me a great deal of comfort reading it. I've been taught for years that our pets don't go to Heaven because they don't have souls. I can't believe that for a second. I don't think God would give something to us like our pets that love us unconditionally in good times and bad and not let us see them after we reach Heaven. I have no doubt Casey and Harley are waiting on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge for me.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:32 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktwrter View Post
Matt, I am so sorry for your loss. I've lost 2 dogs that were my kids one in 2002 and one in 2006. I haven't had the strength to look at all the posts about this, but please search for the "Rainbow Bridge" It gave me a great deal of comfort reading it. I've been taught for years that our pets don't go to Heaven because they don't have souls. I can't believe that for a second. I don't think God would give something to us like our pets that love us unconditionally in good times and bad and not let us see them after we reach Heaven. I have no doubt Casey and Harley are waiting on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge for me.
Many religions also teach reincarnation. These folks might believe that if you're a good person, you come back as a well loved dog in your next life. A well loved dog receives all the benefits of being a person, without any of the headache and heartache. Dogs are able to love without pretense or condition and have no worries. That's a thing that even the most simple man longs for.

Rainbow Bridge has already been posted. Also, if you read much, you should pick up Dean Koontz's book One Door Away from Heaven

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.