Today I mourn the passing of a beloved friend - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Today I mourn the passing of a beloved friend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Matt G - Lost both of my dogs years ago and it is one of the toughest things I have ever gone through, including the loss of my Dad and my Wife's parents. I know they are animals, but they become a real part of your life and I haven't been able to replace those two pups since. Squeeter is running around doggie heaven doing doggie things and wondering where Matt is!!

Old 04-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #12

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

I am so sorry for your loss Matt.

Godspeed Squeeter.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:25 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've very sorry to hear that Matt. Nothing I can say will help, so I'll say nothing.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 04-17-2009, 05:45 PM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I am so deeply sorry, Matt. I'm welling up now, cuz my guy is getting up there in years, and I know the pain is gonna be ridiculous when it's his time.

Gonna go hug him now.

God bless, my friend.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:00 AM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

This has bothered me all day. Hope this helps.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 04-18-2009, 04:22 AM   #16

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

^^^ Benning, what you speak of is Bifrost, the Rainbow Bridge into Asgard.

Heimdal, the guardian of the Bifrost Bridge would allow warriors that had died in battle, or those that had been delivered by the Valykyries, to enter VALHALLA.

Heimdal was, allegedly, the most judgemental of the Gods.

Matt's dog ,Squeeter, will DEFINTELY meet him in ASGARD...

JD

Old 04-18-2009, 05:42 AM   #17

Sorry dude. I understand your pain because we have a dog that is beginning to have some hip problems and I am not looking forward to it getting worse as she gets older. Our little girl is part of the family! Hang in there, you're lucky to have had the time you had with your dear friend; possilbly your best friend.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:36 AM   #18

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Sorry matt

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #19

Likes Given: 1

Matt I am sorry but this is just a fleeting pain compared to the years of love and affection you pal has given you. Unfortunetly this is the cost of that love.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Dogs love and respect unconditionally and selflessly.

People always have an ulterior motive and self preservation is almost always foremost.

The fact that dogs die is proof positive that if there is a god, he is a cruel and heartless being. If more people listened to dogs, there would be no war, no famine and no despair.

If you've never read it, you owe it to yourself to read Dean Koontz's One Door Away from Heaven. It's a story about how a little alien boy and his dog bring salvation to man kind, through the kid's ability to link peoples' minds to those of dogs. He does this because dogs, and dogs alone, have the ability to communicate with god.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.