tmmftco, dead beat seller
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > tmmftco, dead beat seller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2691 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Default tmmftco, dead beat seller

In October of 08 I made arrangements to purchase some brass from this member (tmmftco). I sent him a personal check that subsequently was cashed and cleared my bank. I have not received my brass and have been doing some investigating this member and this transaction.

His name is Tyson M. McCrory of Ft. Collins, Colorado. The check was endorsed by Chris Ehart. This may be a friend of his or an alias. I have found several addresses for each in the Ft. Collins area.

My next step is to contact the US Postal Inspector's office and pursue criminal charges for mail fraud.

He has not been active on the forum for several months, if anyone is in the Ft. Collins area, watch out for this guy.

Admins-If I have overstepped the bounds of the forum, feel free to delete this post.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I don't think you overstepped - obviously you got screwed over and are trying to warm other members.

As long as we don't give out any personal information ( address, phone number, DL#, etc. ) I don't see any harm in warning other members about someone who is out to screw them over.

PM coming...

JD

Old 02-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

It sucks that there are people like that out there. Is there enough $ involved to get Tyson time, or is it more a matter of principle? I hope you get him caught, a swift jab to the nose wouldn't be too shabby either.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The car forum i visit set up a special section of the forum for "buyer/seller" ratings & warnings. Unfortunately, there are a number of similar threads in that forum subsection. Perhaps the mods/admin would consider setting up a similar section on this forum? The other forum is on a similar layout to this one. Even though i don't shop much on that forum, i do like to know what caliber of person is giving me advice.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2691 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

I don't want to send him to "Federal slam me in the a$$ prison" over $60, but right is right and wrong is wrong.

I really only want the brass.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I don't want to send him to "Federal slam me in the a$$ prison" over $60, but right is right and wrong is wrong.
Good to hear, I understand principle of the matter. If this guy did it to you, how many other people have been had by this scumbag?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:

I really only want the brass.
Robo - If you are still looking for Brass after this mess concludes, hit up Frank_1947 from our forum here.

I have bought from him three times and his stuff is as good, or better, than advertised. I can personally vouche for him and he has good prices.

JD

Old 02-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

You are a man among men, robo!

This guy sounds lika a fraud. It may only be $60 for you, but how many others have been swindled? I would consider this person to be a felon. Best thing to do is have him prosecuted unless he can prove oversight or some other reason you haven't received your brass.

9x18=Makarov

Old 02-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #9

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
In October of 08 I made arrangements to purchase some brass from this member (tmmftco). I sent him a personal check that subsequently was cashed and cleared my bank. I have not received my brass and have been doing some investigating this member and this transaction. His name is Tyson M. McCrory of Ft. Collins, Colorado. The check was endorsed by Chris Ehart. This may be a friend of his or an alias. I have found several addresses for each in the Ft. Collins area. My next step is to contact the US Postal Inspector's office and pursue criminal charges for mail fraud. He has not been active on the forum for several months, if anyone is in the Ft. Collins area, watch out for this guy.
Caveat emptor

THAT'S BULL$HIT!!
.....BOOK 'EM DANO!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-21-2009, 02:38 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Of all the people to rip off, he picks the resident LEO.

I think Club Fed is a good place for him, to learn the most intimate social graces of the penal (ahem) system.