Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Default Tires

I'm driving my wife's car (son wanted to keep my truck until his car arrives from Hawaii) and wouldn't you know it - the tires are shot. Anyway, I begin my search for decent tires when a fella I work with tells me to go to tirerack.com.

I've looked on tirerack before but when you factor in freight, the savings aren't that great. Then he mentions that their distribution warehouse is 20 minutes from here. Sure enough, they had the tires I wanted at a great price, they have them in stock, and my shooting buddy that works for the local Chevy dealership is going to mount them for me at a reasonable price.

Feel like I struck gold today!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Lucky bastage, I had to pay 1200 for four tires

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Tires are not cheap. I lucked out on the set I currently have. A buddy had them and had no use for them so he gave them to me. They're a cheap tire but hey, the price was right and they're black and round.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2530 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

I have only used Tire Rack once. When I was in England, I had them send me a set of tires to my APO Address. The fact that they ship to APO & FPO is worth more than a few points in my book, you would be surprised how many businesses don't. It was fun seeing the look on people's faces walking out of the Base Post Office with a full set of tires.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 10-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Congrats! I don't know what it is about some people not minding their tire condition; would they wear shoes that were worn through or what.

I've had good luck with DiscountTireDirect in the past, but i am picky on the brand and model i will use. I think a local shop has FINALLY started carrying Falkens and will hopefully be able to hook me up.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Getting a good deal on anything these days is like striking gold. Good on ya'.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The tires on my new truck are 17" ones. I am glad they are new right now. It's gonna suck when they finally wear out.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #8

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Did this involve trading your beloved Glock Just kidding. Glad to hear you got a good deal.

Last edited by NitroxAZ; 10-13-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I only shop at tirerack.com anymore. I get beter tires for the same price as EFFING NTB or worthless merchants cheap Chinese tires.

I refuse to even look at NTB/Merchants when purchasing tires. They SUCK told me that a nail in the middle of the dam tire was to close to the firewall to plug or patch. Then when I told them that it has to be within 1" of the side wall they got all pissed and told me it was to big. While I went to find the manager they hogged out the effing nail hole with the air tool so big that the bigest plug wouldn't fix it. I did an old tango rant to the manager and told them they will never get my business.

If you look at who they have in your area as installers you can ship right there. Then drop your car off and they wil mount and balance.

I like tirerack and will go there for all my tires needs from now on.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:37 PM   #10

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Bad set of tires in UK will get you banned from driving for a year.