tired - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

tired

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1416 Times on 838 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw206 View Post

No thats not my point at all ??? But there are some knowledgeable ppl here in witch i would like to learn from but everything i say by this point tellin someone the sky is blue others such as yourself have a big problem with that maybe i joined for all the wrong reasons i thought this was a fun place to go and help ppl and to grab some extra info for my self u know what ill just pvt message ppl from now on
Is the information you give an opinion or fact? If its an opinion then everyone has one but if its a fact then back it up if questioned. If you can't back it up with a link to another source then you will probably have to accept that your advice will be questioned until you are better known on this board.

Stick around, it is worth it.

People Like This 
Old 10-14-2013, 04:18 AM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Idk how yall do that link stuff and im on my droid most of the time ill stick around jus not use to high school games anymore as far as what i put out its fact unless otherwise stated and i do defend it but theres alot i know from experience and nit something i read

Old 10-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #13

Liked 1416 Times on 838 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw206 View Post
Idk how yall do that link stuff and im on my droid most of the time ill stick around jus not use to high school games anymore as far as what i put out its fact unless otherwise stated and i do defend it but theres alot i know from experience and nit something i read
Ahh on the mobile app it is more difficult to link. I use the website mainly, just personal preference but I find it easier to type on a keyboard. I have linked some things in the app, just open the website in your browser and copy it (long hold the address should bring up the option to copy) then paste it (long hold again) in the reply window of the app, the software will make it a clicky link automatically. Again though, it is easier to do on the website I think.

If people are questioning what you know from experience, it's going to happen because there are a lot of different people with different experience levels and some people don't have the experience but still claim the knowledge. Another thing to keep in mind is that just because 1 or a few people contradict you or reply with misinformation it doesn't mean that many people have not used the information you provided. Human nature, we are more likely to reply to complain than to reply and say "thanks that was helpful".

Cheers!
c3shooter Likes This 
Old 10-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

True that is a good point

Old 10-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8786 Times on 5252 Posts
Likes Given: 11658

Sometimes you have to just let things roll off your back. People are going to disagree and that's okay.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #16

Liked 3620 Times on 2067 Posts
Likes Given: 2524

There are ALL kinds of people on this forum from nubile women to crotchety old men like me!

You're going to get responses from nimrod level experience to BTDT 10X over knowledge & wisdom.

Just remember, some of us O.C.'s with lots of experience also suffer from "'roid-rage" now and then, in our 50s & 60s, it's a little different from the type that "pro" wrestlers have been known to suffer from though!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

1) If you want people to take you serious, use the spell check function on your smartphone. Your spelling and grammar is atrocious!

2) If you want people to take you serious, cite your sources. If its personal experience, list the experience. If its a website, copy and paste the URL even if you can't use the link function which is easy: [ u r l with no spaces and a closing bracket then paste your URL and [ / u r l with no spaces and a closing bracket after the URL.

3) If you want people to take you serious, learn to laugh at yourself and to laugh at others. When someone has an exalted opinion of themselves and gets upset about every little statement, they come off as a cocky know it all and no one really cares what they were trying to say in the first place.

4) If you want people to take you seriously, realize that this is the internet and there are some idiots on here that I personally believe are a maximum of 12 years old and maybe even younger than that. They are firmly under the impression that they are the ultimate subject matter expert. So patiently explain things to them, make fun of them, prove that their idiots if you can, or just plain ignore them. But don't let them bug you. When you let them bug you and start acting like them, everyone will then begin to think that you ARE like them..... A 12 year old who gets his information from Wikipedia and his imagination.

5) If you want people to take you serious, DONT make a thread like this one whining because people don't take you seriously!

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-15-2013 at 05:36 AM.
People Like This 
Old 10-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Ooooh his vagina hurts. Boo hoo.
J/k
Just relax man.
People Like This 
Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

another suggestion, stop using text talk. many of us find that disrespectful. there are plenty here that will just not even bother replying and you may be missing some valuable information. it's not that we are expecting perfect grammar, but damn man, grammar is your friend when trying to convey an idea or thought!
People Like This 
Old 10-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #20

Liked 3399 Times on 1744 Posts
Likes Given: 5231

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
There are ALL kinds of people on this forum from nubile women to crotchety old men like me!

You're going to get responses from nimrod level experience to BTDT 10X over knowledge & wisdom.

Just remember, some of us O.C.'s with lots of experience also suffer from "'roid-rage" now and then, in our 50s & 60s, it's a little different from the type that "pro" wrestlers have been known to suffer from though!
Whats a "nubile" Woman...? Guess i could Google it, but might be more fun to hear your definition....