Times you wish you had a camera... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Times you wish you had a camera...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 472 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Yeah, a little cixelsyd this morning. And I wanna see the pics from band camp!
seeing as this is the Clubhouse and the time you wish you had a camera, lets just say a blonde, a flute and a baritone use your imagination.

skin_flute.jpg  

Old 04-11-2011, 07:31 PM   #12

2 times. I caught a 10.5 lb bass. I had no camera at all at the time and wife was gone for the weekend.

The 2nd time was when I got to very unexpectedly meet Loretta Lynn in the parking lot of a resort in Branson.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #13

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

thread-useless-without-pichers.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #14

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

When I walked in on Rosie O'Donnell in what was, let's say, a "compromising position" in a men's room in the Minneapolis airport. Weird.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #15

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Video Camera:

When I was in South Africa I was asked by the owner of the property to accompany his son JJ, to thin out a group of baboons which were ruining the roofs of his lodges. They were sliding down the pitched roofs on their arses and pull out thatches as they went, causing the roof to leak.

Anyway, we took up a position about a hundred metres away from a known watering point and waited. We were well hidden behind some bushes a bit higher up the valley so the first shot would echo an give us a few more chances. Using a Winchester .308, I shot a couple and JJ got one with a Remington .375 H&H (which isn't too bad while you're shooting it, but bloody loud when someone else is!).

After they'd scampered and came back a couple of times, the dominant male came into view. He was about 50% larger than any of the other baboons and truely was a sight to see. I lined him up in the crosshairs and fired, hitting him square in the sternum. His only reaction however was to look straight up at me, bare his teeth in disgust and lead the group slowly away from the water hole!

JJ and I stared at each other in amazement for a little while, and after about twenty minutes we slowly removed ourselves from cover to track the baboon. I can safely say the next twenty minutes were the most tense of my life! After tracking the group's footprints in the sand for probably fifteen minutes, JJ, who understandably was on point with the Remmy spotted the first drop of blood. It wasn't much, but it soon grew to a few more drops, then small puddles, then one large puddle.

We found the expired baboon curled up under a tree. His chest was ruined, and I am still amazed that he made it so far. It was probably the most humbling moment I've ever had while hunting; he was truely a most worthy trophy