Time stamp on here seems to be fast

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Time stamp on here seems to be fast

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Time stamp on here seems to be fast

I just noticed that the time stamp for posts is four hours ahead of my east coast time. I know my computer is correct; is anyone else seeing this? My time right now is 1:18pm eastern.

Just noticed this on the bottom of the main page: All times are GMT. The time now is 10:27 PM. This was when the time I was posting was 6:27 PM Eastern Time.

Dick

Vendor www.richards-guns.com

Last edited by michiana; 08-15-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #2

Go to your options and make sure its -4 central time. If that isn't it, I'm not sure what else it could be. My timestamps are correct.

S.S.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Shooter View Post
Go to your options and make sure its -4 central time. If that isn't it, I'm not sure what else it could be. My timestamps are correct.

S.S.
My time is right on my browser and computer as I checked it with other sites. This time stamps a post exactly four hours ahead of when I posted. Is there something on this forum that asks your time zone I missed?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #4

User CP -> Edit Options -> Scroll down to Date and Time Options -> Set to appropriate timezone.

"I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he excites among his opponents." - Winston Churchill

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Old 08-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #5

Default thanks for your input

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliche View Post
User CP -> Edit Options -> Scroll down to Date and Time Options -> Set to appropriate timezone.

Got it corrected, thanks for the help.

Dick