Time for a new game!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Time for a new game!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 2,777
Liked 1768 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 9813

Default Time for a new game!

I figured I would put this in a high traffic area, so here goes.

The spot the "Assault Weapon" game. One of the following four pictures has no "Assault Weapons" in it. The other 3 do. Can you do a better job of picking the right photo than most of our Congressmen, and the VPOTUS and POTUS? Remember, all but one of these pictures has atleast 1 "AW" in it, but none has more than 2 in it. Good luck!









No prizes, neither cash no free swag. This is all for fun!

101_0647_00.jpg   101_0648_00.jpg   101_0650_00.jpg   101_0649_00.jpg  
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 12-23-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
firedawg60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 365
Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Default

All of them...according to the .gov.

__________________
firedawg60 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dalefan88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 329
Liked 76 Times on 47 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg60
All of them...according to the .gov.
You got that right
__________________
dalefan88 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 2,777
Liked 1768 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 9813

Default

Maybe I should clarify. 3 of the pictures have an actual AW in them, not what the Libs in DC define as one. AW are, in this case what the military actually used, or a working replica of what was used. I am not just refering to the US militay either. In this exercise, we are not looking for "Assault style weapons." Only the real deal.

__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hoovco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over the place
Posts: 665
Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

The first one has none.

__________________
"Inspirational Quote" - Someone Inspirational
hoovco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hoovco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over the place
Posts: 665
Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Is that an original AR7?

__________________
"Inspirational Quote" - Someone Inspirational
hoovco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:03 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
firedawg60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 365
Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Default

I'm guessing #3.

__________________
firedawg60 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hoovco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: All over the place
Posts: 665
Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

... and by first one I mean the one with the Mini14.

__________________
"Inspirational Quote" - Someone Inspirational
hoovco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:15 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

The term assault weapon was invented by the Brady Campaign to demonize semiauto modern sporting rifles. Why have gun owners accepted and use this term? I see gun owners go nutts over using the word CLIP? And then claim only MAGAZINE should be used. They have no problem calling their AR-15 a light machinegun?
Why not call them MSRs modern sporting rifles. They are you know.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:39 AM   #10
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 2,777
Liked 1768 Times on 1090 Posts
Likes Given: 9813

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg60 View Post
All of them...according to the .gov.
Sad, but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco View Post
Is that an original AR7?
Nope. It is a Charter Arms AR7, that I got as a partial payment for a barn cleanout and demo. He had jamming problems with it, I cleaned it, made a few adjustments to the magazine, and put a small groove in the bottom of the chamber. Now it works flawlessly with high velocity rounds. All that AR7 cost me was my time and patience. I have only one problem with it. Everytime I take it to the range, everyone else wants to shoot it. Oh well, I don't mind sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedawg60 View Post
I'm guessing #3.
Try again. The rile on the left is a Mosin Nagant 91\30, The one on the right is a 1916 Spanish Guardia Civil, and there is an 1861 Colt Navy revolver in it. All have been used bv military forces at one time or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovco View Post
... and by first one I mean the one with the Mini14.
You sir, are correct. Maybe someone else would like to post some pics and start the next round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The term assault weapon was invented by the Brady Campaign to demonize semiauto modern sporting rifles. Why have gun owners accepted and use this term? I see gun owners go nutts over using the word CLIP? And then claim only MAGAZINE should be used. They have no problem calling their AR-15 a light machinegun?
Why not call them MSRs modern sporting rifles. They are you know.
I would call them MSRs, but not every gun inthe first picture was a rifle. I do see your point though. I started this thread to take a shot at the Brady Bubch In DC. I appologize if my use of the words AW offended you. that was not my intent. And yes, people that call an AR 15 an LMG do pizz me off as well.

Also, sharp eyed observers will notice that thos pics included both magazines and clips. MY Mosin, Mauser, and Springfield all use clips to charge the magazine.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Time for a little class - a new game Dzscubie The Club House 11 05-27-2011 04:09 AM
Game time dog2000tj The Club House 12 05-20-2011 01:50 AM
Game Time Shihan The Club House 1 02-28-2011 05:42 AM
More Game Time Shihan The Club House 5 02-04-2011 03:10 AM
Game Time Shihan The Club House 3 11-08-2010 04:20 AM