Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Time for a new game! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/time-new-game-79185/)

kfox75 12-23-2012 01:01 AM

Time for a new game!

4 Attachment(s)
I figured I would put this in a high traffic area, so here goes.

The spot the "Assault Weapon" game. One of the following four pictures has no "Assault Weapons" in it. The other 3 do. Can you do a better job of picking the right photo than most of our Congressmen, and the VPOTUS and POTUS? Remember, all but one of these pictures has atleast 1 "AW" in it, but none has more than 2 in it. Good luck!

No prizes, neither cash no free swag. This is all for fun!:p

firedawg60 12-23-2012 01:07 AM

All of them...according to the .gov.

dalefan88 12-23-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedawg60

You got that right

kfox75 12-23-2012 01:46 AM

Maybe I should clarify. 3 of the pictures have an actual AW in them, not what the Libs in DC define as one. AW are, in this case what the military actually used, or a working replica of what was used. I am not just refering to the US militay either. In this exercise, we are not looking for "Assault style weapons." Only the real deal.

hoovco 12-23-2012 02:00 AM

The first one has none.

hoovco 12-23-2012 02:01 AM

Is that an original AR7?

firedawg60 12-23-2012 02:03 AM

I'm guessing #3.

hoovco 12-23-2012 02:04 AM

... and by first one I mean the one with the Mini14.

nitestalker 12-23-2012 02:15 AM

The term assault weapon was invented by the Brady Campaign to demonize semiauto modern sporting rifles. Why have gun owners accepted and use this term? I see gun owners go nutts over using the word CLIP? And then claim only MAGAZINE should be used. They have no problem calling their AR-15 a light machinegun?
Why not call them MSRs modern sporting rifles. They are you know.

kfox75 12-23-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedawg60 (Post 1062577)

Sad, but true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoovco (Post 1062638)
Is that an original AR7?

Nope. It is a Charter Arms AR7, that I got as a partial payment for a barn cleanout and demo. He had jamming problems with it, I cleaned it, made a few adjustments to the magazine, and put a small groove in the bottom of the chamber. Now it works flawlessly with high velocity rounds. All that AR7 cost me was my time and patience. I have only one problem with it. Everytime I take it to the range, everyone else wants to shoot it. Oh well, I don't mind sharing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedawg60 (Post 1062642)
I'm guessing #3.

Try again. The rile on the left is a Mosin Nagant 91\30, The one on the right is a 1916 Spanish Guardia Civil, and there is an 1861 Colt Navy revolver in it. All have been used bv military forces at one time or another.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoovco (Post 1062646)
... and by first one I mean the one with the Mini14.

You sir, are correct. Maybe someone else would like to post some pics and start the next round?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1062660)
The term assault weapon was invented by the Brady Campaign to demonize semiauto modern sporting rifles. Why have gun owners accepted and use this term? I see gun owners go nutts over using the word CLIP? And then claim only MAGAZINE should be used. They have no problem calling their AR-15 a light machinegun?
Why not call them MSRs modern sporting rifles. They are you know.

I would call them MSRs, but not every gun inthe first picture was a rifle. I do see your point though. I started this thread to take a shot at the Brady Bubch In DC. I appologize if my use of the words AW offended you. that was not my intent. And yes, people that call an AR 15 an LMG do pizz me off as well.

Also, sharp eyed observers will notice that thos pics included both magazines and clips. MY Mosin, Mauser, and Springfield all use clips to charge the magazine.