Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Time magizine "Person of the Year" 2012 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/time-magizine-person-year-2012-a-78917/)

tshoot91 12-19-2012 10:02 PM

Time magizine "Person of the Year" 2012

1 Attachment(s)
:rolleyes:

Personally, I feel the same way about this as I do his Nobel Peace Prize; dumbfounded. :(

I would like for this to not turn into an Obama slam-fest, regardless of political views. Is there anyone you would of rather seen "win" this? :confused:

sputnik1988 12-19-2012 10:08 PM

Totally non-political question.

What the heck did he do in 2012 to make him the person of the year? Aside from the election, he didn't do anything. :confused:

Mosin 12-19-2012 11:49 PM

Well in all fairness, Bush got it twice, so I'm not calling media bias...

bluez 12-19-2012 11:56 PM

Adolf Hitler was man of the year 1938 I believe.
but at least Hitler accomplished things: rescued the economy, freed the Sudentenland w/o War.
I canot think of any accomplishment for the President beyond staying in power

sdiver35 12-20-2012 12:02 AM

I think the girl who stood up to the Taliban would have been a better person, for the simple fact that we would be supporting her. She was fearless, stood up for what she believed in and was gunned down.

That is courage my friends, and deserving of such recognition!

jjfuller1 12-20-2012 12:06 AM

how about any of the us military that gave there lives this year? did they not get enough votes for the cover?

Chainfire 12-20-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluez (Post 1058509)
Adolf Hitler was man of the year 1938 I believe.
but at least Hitler accomplished thing: rescued the economy, freed the Sudentenland w/o War.
I canot think of any accomplishment for the President beyond staying in power

I don't doubt that you can not think.

Hitler was also a dictator, who answered to no government body, destroyed his nation, murdered men, women and children by the millions, was soundly defeated in war, and died the most detested man in the world.

To make, even a veiled, comparison of Hitler to the President of the United States is an insult to the American people and shows that the poster has no real understanding of either history or the present.

texaswoodworker 12-20-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 1058522)

Hitler was also a dictator, who answered to no government body, destroyed his nation, murdered men, women and children by the millions, was soundly defeated in war, and died the most detested man in the world.

To make, even a veiled, comparison of Hitler to the President of the United States is an insult to the American people and shows that the poster has no real understanding of either history or the present.

I don't think he was comparing Obama to Hitler in that way. He was comparing how they both were person of the year. What did Hitler do to deserve it? What has Obama done? Any veteran would have been a better choice, because they have actually done something for this country. Obama has done nothing to help us.

Oh, and BTW, Obama bowing to a Saudi King was an insult to the American people. Obama apologizing to terrorists was an insult to the American People. Obama blaming a video, and the people who made it for the Benghazi attacks was an insult to the American people. Obama, forcing American to buy health insurance against their will, or forcing them to pay a hefty tax is an insult to the American people.

Shall I go on?

sdiver35 12-20-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjfuller1
how about any of the us military that gave there lives this year? did they not get enough votes for the cover?

+infinity, cant believe I didn't even consider our brave men and women. Not only the ones who gave their lives, but have had numerous back to back deployments over the years.

bluez 12-20-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainfire (Post 1058522)

Oh noes, a typo, it proves the content is bad, baaad content :rolleyes:

I dont think you have a real understanding of the post, past or present ;)