Time Machine
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Time Machine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Time Machine

If you could get in a time machine and travel anywhere you wanted to but you could never return , would you do it?
I've really enjoyed this forum and hate to leave but if I get to where I want to go I'll be happy. I'll be leaving as soon as I get everything in order. This will be my last post. Barneygoogle has left the building.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I don't think I would leave because you never know what it will be like and I am happy. Saw this a while back and really liked it.

image-4226717549.jpg

Old 07-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygoogle View Post
If you could get in a time machine and travel anywhere you wanted to but you could never return , would you do it?
I've really enjoyed this forum and hate to leave but if I get to where I want to go I'll be happy. I'll be leaving as soon as I get everything in order. This will be my last post. Barneygoogle has left the building.
well that would depend.. do i get to take my own gear along too? if so yes. i would load up with all my things to survive and travel back to the age of the dino.(ofcourse id have to take along a barret .50)
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #4

Liked 4542 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1031

81784601.jpg  
Old 07-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Piece of cake - I want to go back in time within my own lifetime, still knowing everything I know now.

Then I can relive my whole life, change the bad choices and bet/invest on every known fight, game, match, stock and election. I'll be richer than rich in nothing flat!

Then I'll plot to take over a small island in the South Pacific, install myself as the new Supreme Ruler, and have dog2000tj kidnapped from his home and transported to the island paradise where I can hunt him down and give him a combover in a strange homage' to The Most Dangerous Game.

JD

Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9559 Times on 4114 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Quote:
Well, actually, I do that every day. But the damn thing does not have a reverse- it only goes forward...........

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

JD1969 Likes This 
Old 07-19-2012, 03:37 AM   #7

Liked 128 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 246

The future -Tomorrow with a winning lotto-ticket for millions.....

Old 07-19-2012, 03:47 AM   #8

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Nope... I've done historical reenacting... (multiple time periods... no, not all at once!) and I can firmly say that the 18th and 19th century are nice places to visit, but I do love coming home and having a shower, clean clothes and a quick hot meal that doesn't include an open fire and hours of prep. Besides, at 49 and with my luck. living back then (or earlier) I would have been scalped, eaten by a bear, shot in a tavern, cannon fodder... or died from the cancer that I beat 10 years ago. I'm also scared of meeting any historical figure that I currently look up to and discovering that they are a jerk... or an idiot... or a vampire slayer (what.... it's from his "secret diary").

Nahh.... I'm staying right here!!

Old 07-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
The future -Tomorrow with a winning lotto-ticket for millions.....
Sorry Bro - that $100 Million is already in the bank as I have the winning ticket over there on the shelf. *points to winning ticket*

I promise to continue to support the site and forget EVERYONE that I interact with on a daily basis when I win......

Oh! And I will be holding a once a month custom gun give away with my winnings and you all KNOW I have good taste in firearms.

JD

Old 07-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760
Nope... I've done historical reenacting... (multiple time periods... no, not all at once!) and I can firmly say that the 18th and 19th century are nice places to visit, but I do love coming home and having a shower, clean clothes and a quick hot meal that doesn't include an open fire and hours of prep. Besides, at 49 and with my luck. living back then (or earlier) I would have been scalped, eaten by a bear, shot in a tavern, cannon fodder... or died from the cancer that I beat 10 years ago. I'm also scared of meeting any historical figure that I currently look up to and discovering that they are a jerk... or an idiot... or a vampire slayer (what.... it's from his "secret diary").

Nahh.... I'm staying right here!!
Agreed. My friend does reenacting and he tells me about grinding coffee beans by hand, etc. Doesn't sound fun to me. Plus, I literally don't think I could live without air conditioning.