Is It Time To Drive 55 Again? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Is It Time To Drive 55 Again?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 07:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
If you really want to do something that for MOST of us will give you an instant improvement in fuel economy, there are two things you can do- will probably cost you less than $5. #1- check the air pressure in your tires. How long since you checked them? If they lose 1/2 to 1 lb a month, you are probably low about 6-12 lbs. #2. Throw a clean air filter in there- now. If your engine cannot get air, it will burn more gas- poorly.

And for the genius that was proclaiming that drilling for oil in ANWR would result in deforestation- Please run a Google image search for ANWR- I have been there. The whole wildlife reserve is larger than 10 of the US States- and try to find a tree. They don't really grow THAT far North.

Our fuel prices are a result of several things- the dollar being down on the global market, and the US govt taxing the hell out of gasoline & diesel. When the politicians were talking about the PROFITS-( obscene word, apparently) that the oil companies are making, did not hear them mention that the FEDERAL taxes on a gallon of gas are twice the profit that the oil companies make per gallon. Add to that a lack of refining capacity (Thank you EPA- we have not built a new refinery in over 20 years) and the "windfall profits tax" that penalizes oil producers if they pump cheaper oil from existing wells here in the US.
Don't know about you guys, but I am getting sick of Senators and Congresscritters that don't know JACK about running a business telling everyone how to run theirs. All I have seen them run is the US economy- into the ground!
post of the month right here people!

Old 05-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
If you really want to do something that for MOST of us will give you an instant improvement in fuel economy, there are two things you can do- will probably cost you less than $5. #1- check the air pressure in your tires. How long since you checked them? If they lose 1/2 to 1 lb a month, you are probably low about 6-12 lbs. #2. Throw a clean air filter in there- now. If your engine cannot get air, it will burn more gas- poorly.

And for the genius that was proclaiming that drilling for oil in ANWR would result in deforestation- Please run a Google image search for ANWR- I have been there. The whole wildlife reserve is larger than 10 of the US States- and try to find a tree. They don't really grow THAT far North.

Our fuel prices are a result of several things- the dollar being down on the global market, and the US govt taxing the hell out of gasoline & diesel. When the politicians were talking about the PROFITS-( obscene word, apparently) that the oil companies are making, did not hear them mention that the FEDERAL taxes on a gallon of gas are twice the profit that the oil companies make per gallon. Add to that a lack of refining capacity (Thank you EPA- we have not built a new refinery in over 20 years) and the "windfall profits tax" that penalizes oil producers if they pump cheaper oil from existing wells here in the US.
Don't know about you guys, but I am getting sick of Senators and Congresscritters that don't know JACK about running a business telling everyone how to run theirs. All I have seen them run is the US economy- into the ground!
Can I get an AMEN brothers and sisters?

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.