Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Tide Pods (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/tide-pods-87892/)

Ruger_Nut 03-31-2013 04:09 PM

Tide Pods

Since my divorce I have always used Tide and/or Gain laundry soap. My X never understood the concept that less of a good detergent is better than more of a cheap detergent. (Purex)
Anyway, I bought some Tide Pods this morning. I figure I would give them a try. Does anyone else use them and your opinions, please?

MisterMcCool 03-31-2013 04:15 PM

We love 'em.

winds-of-change 03-31-2013 04:19 PM

Like you, I only use Tide or Gain. Now that I don't have kids with grass stains, food stains, etc. I mostly use Gain. I don't necessarily need the power of Tide so much anymore. Thought I recently bought a 5 gallon bucket of Tide from someone as a fund raiser sale. Great deal. It was $30 and came with a pump.

Anyway.........I have tried the Tide Pods. I think they are kind of pricey, even for Tide and I don't like that you can't vary the amount if you are doing a smaller load or want to spot treat a stain. But they work great and my granddaughter likes throwing them into the washer when she's helping me with laundry.

If they suit your needs, use them. They work great. And they are very convenient.

rurak 03-31-2013 05:30 PM

We use arm and hammer and it works great on everything. We have a four uear old who stains everything

Ruger_Nut 03-31-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rurak (Post 1198196)
We use arm and hammer and it works great on everything. We have a four uear old who stains everything

When my mom went into a nursing home my dad switched from ALL (what my mom always used) to Era, to save money. When I moved back to La. from FL I stayed with him for a few weeks until I moved into my own place. Of course I brought my Tide detergent with me to his house. After washing the first load of white clothes he was very mad. He told me the only way I got the whites that bright was by adding bleach, which he told me he NEVER uses. I calmly told him it was Tide and showed him. He told me there was NO WAY POSSIBLE a detergent could do that! Long story short, he became a believer.
I went to his house a week after I moved out and he was using Era again. :confused:

Daoust_Nat 03-31-2013 09:42 PM

My wife uses them and swears by them. When she worked and I did the laundry, we used Tide HE. Now she is retired and I have lost my clearance on the washer and dryer.

If this was where I work we would probably need to do a design review to approve me using the washer and dryer.

DrumJunkie 03-31-2013 09:46 PM

Tide is good stuff. It's all I've ever used.

towboater 03-31-2013 10:05 PM

Yep, I like the tide pods.

shouldazagged 04-01-2013 02:50 AM

Another vote for the Arm & Hammer. The powder works fine for me, and I can use the amount appropriate to the size and contents of the load.

But I've lived alone for seventeen years, so I'm not terribly concerned about sparkling whites. My little dog doesn't care, and at my age only paramedics and the undertaker are likely to observe my skivvies...;)

c3shooter 04-01-2013 03:07 AM

Whatever the little woman uses when she pounds the clothes on the rocks out in the creek......

:p

Been using Arm & Hammer- we have a water softner/ iron remover system, helps a LOT with laundry.