Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Thumbs up for UFC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Default Thumbs up for UFC

Just got an email at the office outlining the Labor Day activities around Ft Stewart. Looks like Randy Couture & Stephan Bonnar will be in the area all weekend mingling with the soldiers. On Saturday the 4th, they are going to be at the Hunter AAF gym hosting some local and regional bouts. It's only $15 to get in so I'll probably have to head over and watch.

God bless any celebrity that takes time out of their schedules to hang out with our soldiers.

*much respect* Excerpt from the email:

Quote:
LABOR DAY WEEKEND EVENTS: The Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Labor Day Weekend Activities features meet & greet with Soldiers, a celebrity golf tournament, bowling with UFC Stars, autograph signings, Coke Concert Tour and a 12-bout combative event to be held at Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield from Sept. 2, 3, 4. Here’s the lineup:
(Fort Stewart):
Sep. 2- Meet & Greet with Soldiers, 2000 hours, Rocky’s Zone, Bldg. 703. UFC stars Stephan Bonnar, Don House and a surprise UFC guest, Randy “The Natural” Couture will visit with Soldiers only. For details, call 767-8715 or 737-4316.
Sep. 3- Celebrity Golf Tournament, 0800 hours shotgun start, Taylors Creek Golf Course. UFC stars play in a Celebrity Golf Tournament at Taylors Creek Golf Course. Join them and have a good time. Cost is $25 per person for four-man teams. 767-2370.
Sep. 4- Bowling with UFC Stars, 1000-1100 hours, Marne Lanes Bowling Center, Bldg. 402. Come on out and bowl a frame or two with your favorite Ultimate Fighter. 767-4866 Sep. 4- Autograph Signing, Noon, Stewart PX, Bldg. 71. UFC stars sign autographs. Kids can get their hands wrapped and autographs signed by fighters as well as play the UFC Undisputed 2010 video game with fighters. 876-2850

(Hunter Army Airfield):
Sep. 3- Autograph Signing, 1700 hours, Hunter PX, Bldg. 6020. UFC stars sign autographs. Kids can get their hands wrapped and autographs signed by fighters as well as play the UFC Undisputed 2010 video game with fighters. 352-8380
Sep. 3- Coke Concert Tour, 1700-1900 hours, Hunter Club Parking Lot, Bldg. 6015. There is no admission charge. Concert features the music of Lisa Palleschi & Junior and the fight weigh-in. Lisa Palleschi’s music has been featured in sports-related programs and venues ranging from NASCAR television shows to NFL stadiums. Junior has played and toured with bands such as Bowling for Soup, The All American Rejects, American Hi-Fi, Everclear, Lifehouse and 12 Stones. For more information, call 767-4316 (FS) or 459-7923 (HAAF).
Sep. 4- MMA Bouts, 1800 hours doors open, Tominac Fitness Center, Bldg. 919. Local fighters and fighters from the Southeast and elsewhere compete in 12 MMA bouts in a Labor Day Combative Event held Sep. 4. Doors open at 1800 hours and fights begin at 1900 hours. Randy “The Natural” Couture will be present as the special UFC guest and Stephan Bonnar will be the ring announcer. Cost is $10 general admission (advance ticket); $15 general admission (at door); $15 cage-side seats (advance ticket); $5 youth (ages 8-17). No charge for kids (ages 7 & under). 315-5078

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

That is great to hear. The UFC has done several meet and greets with the troops and they have a cross promotion with, I believe it's the Army or the Marines where "Elite Cagefighters meet Elite Warfighters" and they have a whole series on the web.

Fight for the Troops was a big success and allegedly raised around $4 million dollars in donations for the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund.

I know that Dana and company get a bad rap for a lot of things, but they have sent fighters and ring girls to several bases overseas for meet and greets and they have definitely shown appreciation for a lot of men and women in uniform.

Excellent feel good story!

JD

Old 08-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Although I don't watch, my hat is off to Randy Couture, Stephan Bonnar and UFC!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #4

Likes Given: 2

Yeah, UFC has had my heart for a while with all of the involvement they have with the services. They have sent several fighters over seas, into the middle east on several occasions.