Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Three choices....... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/three-choices-18717/)

flyingbrickracing 10-01-2009 12:27 AM

Three choices.......

An intoxicated 21 year old is refused service at a VFW post near Albany NY so he goes outside and cuts down the flag,(which had flown in Iraq) and burns it.
The post commander tracks him down the next day and gives him three choices.
The man spends 5 hours duct taped to the post flagpole with a sign around his neck describing his infraction.
I'm sure you can guess the first two choices:D

robocop10mm 10-01-2009 01:27 PM

Scum bag. Should have spent 5 days duct taped to the flag pole with his junk exposed so people could come by and smack the junk around every so often.

IGETEVEN 10-01-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 168543)
Scum bag. Should have spent 5 days duct taped to the flag pole with his junk exposed so people could come by and smack the junk around every so often.

Affirmative. :mad:

Jack

orangello 10-01-2009 06:37 PM

Nobody whipped his ass while he was messing with the flag? Not cool. If he did that in redneckland, he probably wouldn't have turned up yet. I seriously doubt the local police would even charge somebody for whipping his butt under those circumstances.

Gojubrian 10-01-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duragliter (Post 168720)
You people are mildly amusing. :)

Burning our flag is a right of expression. However stupid, it is still an expression of civil disobedience. Uh, civil disobedience goes back to Boston? Red Coats? Tea Party? Dem guyz prolly burned The Union Jack a coupla' times, eh?

And, (shrug) how is being in "Redneckland" so different than any other place?

Harumf, harumf...

Buncha' internet tough guys..."Why, I'll.... boom-shacka-lacka, boom shacka-lacka..."

:)

It's not internet toughness. Some people here have fought for that flag and WOULD NOT stand idly by while someone burned it and I wouldn't either.

If you really think you can get away from that anywhere you haven't been many places.

Welcome to the forums. Tango will be along shortly to say hi more appropriately than I can. :rolleyes:

orangello 10-01-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Thanks! :)

Believe me, some things are very different here; i didn't notice so much until i moved back after ten years in Memphis, TN. Things that pass elsewhere just don't cut it here, and vice versa. You can put a car up on blocks in your yard for quite a while (backyard preferred) but burning the flag will cause problems. I grew up with these guys, and i think there are occasional extreme outbursts of emotion due in part to a more general suppression of emotion under normal/polite circumstances. They aren't bad people, but they don't tolerate things they consider "rude" very well.

I'm sure the British version of rednecks would have a similar reaction to the burning of their flag.

neo 10-01-2009 09:44 PM

If I'm not mistaken, you have the freedom to burn it, but not if it causes "imminent lawless action".
Brandenburg v. Ohio
"It held that government cannot punish inflammatory speech unless it is directed to inciting and likely to incite imminent lawless action."

Since burning of the flag is expressing freedom of speech....
If anyone pulls a gun, he can't burn it. Right?

IGETEVEN 10-01-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Burning our flag is a right of expression. However stupid, it is still an expression of civil disobedience. Uh, civil disobedience goes back to Boston? Red Coats? Tea Party? Dem guyz prolly burned The Union Jack a coupla' times, eh?

Harumf, harumf...

Buncha' internet tough guys..."Why, I'll.... boom-shacka-lacka, boom shacka-lacka..."

:)

Strike one. ;)

Jack

Gatekeeper 10-01-2009 10:24 PM

So I can come to YOUR house, take and burn YOUR belongings? When is that legal?
If he ran to walmart and bought a flag and then burned it that would be his right.
He stole the flag from the VFW and commited arson. He's lucky he got away with just the duct taping.
When they cut him down the chief of police should have charged him with THEFT and ARSON.

Robert NC 10-01-2009 11:06 PM

Can't say nothing but scum bag!!!!!!!