Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Threatened

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Take the high road (as the man said- better field of fire)- Which you have ALREADy done. Sometimes the first person to talk with the authorities is the one listened to. This one may need a protective/ restraining order. If she is just being a pain, it will be a wakeup call. If she IS demented (in the true sense of the term) it gives the LEOs legal authority to deal with her if threatening behavior continues.

A possible course of action- simply talk with the magistrate, ask what courses of action are open, and if he could suggest one. He may or may not. But would not hurt to ask.
That is exactly what I have done. I went to the magistrate explained the situation and that my wife truly is scared. The magistrate said to press charges for communicating a threat. A restraining order is a waste of money...She has the right to get to her house. This woman just won't give up. There is no reason I should need a P95 loaded up with Winchester Rangers when walking my dog in case she decides to run the dog and I down.

If that doesn't work I will just go see my family attorney. For $65 I am sure he can come up with a something that will make her think twice about bothering the entire neighborhood. The deputy that initially responded to the call said she has made hundreds of anonymous 911 calls. She was also caught firing a pistol in the air in front of another neighbors house because she didn't like their dogs. The officer that assisted me at the magistrate's office said I have every right to shoot my guns as much as I want. Don't let her stop you from doing anything that is legal for you to do.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-14-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19565 Times on 11104 Posts
Likes Given: 49237

good to hear Old Crow. at least now you have acreated a paper trail and if something were to happen, it won't be just your word against her word.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #23

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I would press charges given her history against you. I could understand if this one incident was an isolated one but from your story its obvious it isn't. Someone, if not you, has to teach her she can't behave like a total fool, making threats, calling the law for no reason and trying to run down your dog. One of these times she could do something like this to someone with less patience than yourself and it will end badly for her.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 10-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #24

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Hell wait till you catch her leaving her broom double parked and get her arrested.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #25
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7665 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9884

I was once threatened on the telephone by my brother-in-law, he threatened to kill me and then later in the conversation he threatened to turn me in for abusing my wife and kids (never happened). The next day I went down to the sheriff's office and talked to a Deputy there. I declined to file charges but he did fill out a "contact report" and gave me a card with the report number on it. Don't know if that is available where you live.

Funny thing is that when the BIL called the answering machine picked up before I did and didn't shut off, recording the whole conversation. I still have the tape.

The good thing is that it never came to anything. This was about 10 years ago, we have since parted our ways- he and his wife moved out of the area and we haven't spoken for several years.

Anyhow, document every freaking move she makes with you. If you see her coming start recording with your cell phone. This will do two things, catch her making any more threats and it will also serve to keep you from saying of doing anything stupid because you know that it is being recorded. It is illegal in some states to intentionally make a recording of a conversation unless all parties are aware that the conversation is being recorded. If that is the case where you live then have your cell phone out and tell her point blank that you are recording the conversation because of her previous threats and get some sort of acknowledgement that she has heard you say that.

Make sure that you document each and every encounter with her, no matter how insignificant it might seem, and report all serious encounters (such as threats).

You also might want to ask around the neighborhood and see if anybody else has had similar encounters. Chances are they have. A friend of mine has a guy on his road that is like that, but he has sued everybody in sight so many times that all of them got together and pay an attorney collectively just to fight the guy. This has been going on for years, but this year the courts have seized his property in order to pay for back fees on cases he has lost, one of his properties has been sold and another (with his house on it) is for sale. The neighbors bought the former parcel because it has all of the water in the neighborhood on it.

anyhow, documentation is your ally.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #26
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6669 Times on 4034 Posts
Likes Given: 7921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Funny thing is that when the BIL called the answering machine picked up before I did and didn't shut off, recording the whole conversation. I still have the tape.
I've had that happen, too.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #27

Liked 1109 Times on 720 Posts
Likes Given: 1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Communicating threats IS a crime and may be grounds to have a protective order issued against her...

I know the order isn't going to keep her away but it WILL get her some shiny new wrist jewelry and free room and board for a night should she continue on in mega-bitch fashion...

Maybe after she's cuffed and stuffed once or twice, she'll decide busting your chops isn't so much fun after all...
^^^^^^^^^^^ This. Order of protection. She so much gets close enough to look at u wrong and they will haul her azzzzz off no questions asked and u won't have to press charges. She sounds a little unstable and off her rocker anyway

Old 10-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7665 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9884

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I've had that happen, too.
The funny part is that either he or his wife (SIL) could apparently hear something that I couldn't hear and asked about it. I didn't know it was recording until the next day after I had gone to the Sheriff's Office. BTW, CA is one of the states where it is illegal to intentionally record without full knowledge of all participants. The whole mess was over our father-in-law (our wives father) because he had had a stroke and didn't want the them to know about it and my wife and I were protecting him from them. It was a big mess. My FIL passed on 7 years ago and they have been out of our lives since then (thank God for that!).