Threatened - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Threatened

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9426 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

Take the high road (as the man said- better field of fire)- Which you have ALREADy done. Sometimes the first person to talk with the authorities is the one listened to. This one may need a protective/ restraining order. If she is just being a pain, it will be a wakeup call. If she IS demented (in the true sense of the term) it gives the LEOs legal authority to deal with her if threatening behavior continues.

A possible course of action- simply talk with the magistrate, ask what courses of action are open, and if he could suggest one. He may or may not. But would not hurt to ask.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #12

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

I've got to agree with the others. You want official documentation. It could be the difference between bracelets for you, or bracelets for her.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Old 10-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #13

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Don't try to be a legal expert . These things can get very expensive with counter charges and lawyers. I would follow C3s advise.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7664 Times on 4606 Posts
Likes Given: 9581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Besides, in America can't you just have people committed to mental homes now a days?
Use to be so but not anymore. The 'patient' is evaluated by a psychologist before anyone is put into a mental health facility.

But........in this case I would definitely follow through legally. I would be afraid this woman would shoot me!!

Old 10-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #15

Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

OC

I would definitely press charges even if only to create a record of the relationship.

You've got a Cookoo dialed into your presence and activities. No telling what a Cookoo will ultimately do so I'd get it documented...just in case.

Tack

Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
A local woman who has a reputation for being "out there" said her husband was going to shoot me. I was shooting a Mosin Nagant on a power line. There is a huge pile of dirt there I was using for a backstop.

When I was walking back home the woman flew up in her car and bluntly told me you almost died. My husband was going to shoot you. I calmly explained I had permission to shoot there and there was a safe backstop. She got very angry and came up with more threats. We aren't sure she has a husband.

She called 911. In her call she told the operator I threatened her. But she didn't leave her name or address. I called the sheriffs department myself and explained myself. The deputy asked did I feel threatened. I said," no but I don't want things to get out of hand, please send a deputy out." A few minutes later a deputy shows up. I explain myself. He wants to talk to the landowner where I was actually shooting, so I hop in the car with him and off we go.

We get there the deputy verifies that I had permission to shoot my rifle. Then he asks the landowner has this woman been a threat to the community. He said "no, but he knew I had problems with the woman in the past." The deputy and the landowner go to church together. At this point the deputy advises me I have the right to press charges on the woman.

I haven't pressed charges on the woman. She tried to run my dog down in the past. I have had another verbal squabble with her. I really hate to get law enforcement involved or mess up someones life. I have never pressed charges on anyone, even when I got my ear bit off in a brawl.

This is so close to home and getting so old I deeply considering going to the magistrate's office and seeing what legal actions I can pursue. Would you all press charges on this woman?
definately. for the sole reason that when something in the future DOES happen there is a court history and a record of her being a danger to others. these are the type of people that will at some point snap and start stabbing or spree shooting and then the rest of us ask "why didnt someone do something??"

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
You want it on record, documented the things she's done.
What if she drive up and started shooting and you had to put her down...
You'd wish then, that the court had documents of her antics.
Besides, in America can't you just have people committed to mental homes now a days?
not without a court convicted history of lunatic behavior. its why someone like joe biden has never ended up in the nut hatch. the police and courts cant do anything without a paper trail and chain of proven behaviour that is dangerous.

if everyone just ignores it and lets the lunatic run around like that nothing can legally be done.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-14-2012, 01:05 AM   #18

Liked 4454 Times on 2208 Posts
Likes Given: 963

To clarify, I was making a sarcastic comment in regards to that case we were discussing, where the vet making 9/11 was an inside job comments on Facebook was forcibly sent to a mental hospital.

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #19

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

You are not doing anything to her. She is threatening you and you are taking a proper course of action to protect yourself and others.

Her actions are not that of someone who needs to be lose on the town.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #20

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
....its why someone like joe biden has never ended up in the nut hatch.
.....to the contrary, VP of these United States, go figure

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.