Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Threatened

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default Threatened

A local woman who has a reputation for being "out there" said her husband was going to shoot me. I was shooting a Mosin Nagant on a power line. There is a huge pile of dirt there I was using for a backstop.

When I was walking back home the woman flew up in her car and bluntly told me you almost died. My husband was going to shoot you. I calmly explained I had permission to shoot there and there was a safe backstop. She got very angry and came up with more threats. We aren't sure she has a husband.

She called 911. In her call she told the operator I threatened her. But she didn't leave her name or address. I called the sheriffs department myself and explained myself. The deputy asked did I feel threatened. I said," no but I don't want things to get out of hand, please send a deputy out." A few minutes later a deputy shows up. I explain myself. He wants to talk to the landowner where I was actually shooting, so I hop in the car with him and off we go.

We get there the deputy verifies that I had permission to shoot my rifle. Then he asks the landowner has this woman been a threat to the community. He said "no, but he knew I had problems with the woman in the past." The deputy and the landowner go to church together. At this point the deputy advises me I have the right to press charges on the woman.

I haven't pressed charges on the woman. She tried to run my dog down in the past. I have had another verbal squabble with her. I really hate to get law enforcement involved or mess up someones life. I have never pressed charges on anyone, even when I got my ear bit off in a brawl.

This is so close to home and getting so old I deeply considering going to the magistrate's office and seeing what legal actions I can pursue. Would you all press charges on this woman?

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #2

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Tough one...and only you know the intensity...sometimes it's instinct rather than intellect.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

given the womans actions and history, personally i would file charges. simply because she seems from your story to be mentally unbalanced and needs help before she either hurts someone or herself. might be the only way she gets the help she needs. if you press charges and she is arrested, and LE thinks she may be mentally unbalanced they will detain her for psych evaluation. if she isn't mentally unbalanced then she needs to be locked up for trying to make up stories and causing problems.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5876 Times on 2906 Posts
Likes Given: 6232

Unless you can work out a beer summit with her, I would probably press charges and let the chips fall where they may...

Old 10-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #5

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I am going to the magistrate's office when they open at 8am. If I am up this early in the AM worried about this situation I need to do something. There will be no beer summit. When we have had problems in the past. She would not speak with me when prompted by a neighbor. Moreover, if I don't do something she might attempt to bait me into doing or saying something she can use legally.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-13-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I am going to the magistrate's office when they open at 8am. If I am up this early in the AM worried about this situation I need to do something. There will be no beer summit. When we have had problems in the past. She would not speak with me when prompted by a neighbor. Moreover, if I don't do something she might attempt to bait me into doing or saying something she can use legally.
some advice. if she makes any contact with you after visiting the magistrate's office document it and report it. make sure there is a trail and continued reports of her behaviour will add more credence to your side of the story. hope it all works out for you and good luck.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #7

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I agree with axxe, you need to get this documented. If and when she totally comes unglued on you it may be that it will just be the two of you there. With documentation filed with the county, a clear and court worthy history of her behavior will aid you if it is your word against hers. Good luck.

NEVER FORGET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #8

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Communicating threats IS a crime and may be grounds to have a protective order issued against her...

I know the order isn't going to keep her away but it WILL get her some shiny new wrist jewelry and free room and board for a night should she continue on in mega-bitch fashion...

Maybe after she's cuffed and stuffed once or twice, she'll decide busting your chops isn't so much fun after all...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 10-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #9

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Yes, press charges for all the reasons stated above. A woman that is that screwy can really make life a PITA for you. Get the upper hand now while you can.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #10

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

You want it on record, documented the things she's done.
What if she drive up and started shooting and you had to put her down...
You'd wish then, that the court had documents of her antics.
Besides, in America can't you just have people committed to mental homes now a days?

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

axxe55 Likes This