Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Thoughts on home based FFLs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I don't have a problem dealing with a home based FFL. Whatever business I have to do, I can do without walking into stocked store/business location.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #12

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

From a different perspective, I read a thread on another forum on this subject in respect to the safety of having stangers into your home looking to buy guns. You don't know who they are or their real purpose of being there. Bought a pistol once from a woman dealer who worked out of her home. She required that face to face meetings be done by appointment only. When we got there, I realized why. A man answered the door & didn't take long to realize he was armed & there for her protection, just in case. Once they deemed we were legitimate customers he disappeared, but I'm sure he was still close at hand, in a back room. Just an added expense.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #13
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2643 Times on 1540 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
From a different perspective, I read a thread on another forum on this subject in respect to the safety of having stangers into your home looking to buy guns. You don't know who they are or their real purpose of being there. Bought a pistol once from a woman dealer who worked out of her home. She required that face to face meetings be done by appointment only. When we got there, I realized why. A man answered the door & didn't take long to realize he was armed & there for her protection, just in case. Once they deemed we were legitimate customers he disappeared, but I'm sure he was still close at hand, in a back room. Just an added expense.
That can work two ways. The home based FFL has to protect themselves, but after the first meeting, the FFL knows who you are when you return for the next transaction.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #14

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I have taken precautions for the safety portion, just wanted to get opinions on the transaction side. Thanks for the response.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #15
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2643 Times on 1540 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

My clients are aware of my home based business.

I try to work with others who are not home based, and have even gotten some of their business (at their recommendation to their customers).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I don't have a problem with home based shops. I have bought ammo from them before, and I guess you could call the shop I do all my transfers through a home based. (his shop is actually inside his insurance company ).

Just try to make the place feel as friendly as possible. A lot of people feel uneasy about going into a stranger's house, so don't let it have that old creepy basement feel. Try to make it look professional.