Those ANNOYING BlueTooth CellPhone Headsets - I need a GOOD one
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Those ANNOYING BlueTooth CellPhone Headsets - I need a GOOD one

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3496 Times on 1613 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Those ANNOYING BlueTooth CellPhone Headsets - I need a GOOD one

Washington State. Like 18 months ago or so.

It's no longer legal to drive and text. Pending ( 2009 ), it will become illegal to drive and talk on the cellphone.

You can't be pulled over for either offense, but if you are committing either offense, then when you are pulled over, your fine will go up.

So, JD does what he normally does with new legislation that doesn't directly affect him.

Not a damn thing.

I don't talk on the phone much, if I can possibly help it. If someone called, I just put the damn thing on speakerphone and put it on the visor above me. Problem solved.

Then I changed jobs and I spend more time during the week driving, it seems, than I do sitting at a desk. And my desk doesn't even have a hardline wired to it.

So, now I need a Bluetooth headset talkie thingy.

I REFUSE to get one of those damn ones that look some stupid ass Star Trek earpiece. Those people drive me bananas!

You don't have a communicator, moron, and because it's 1.5 inches long, no one can understand you, which is why you have to YELL!

So, there are top quality companies out there that produce top notch Bluetooth headphones for music, but who makes a really good boom mike style wireless headset for my Motorola phone?

Sennheiser? Bose? Motorola?

Any of you have any experience with a good one that doesn't make you look like a tool and the people you are talking to can understand what you are saying without yelling?

I should add, this is being expensed to the company, so I could not possibly care less about what it costs. I just want a good one that will be comfortable, work and not make me look like I am on my way to Comic-Con.

Thanks in advance.

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 496 Times on 276 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Check out this little number.
Introducing Jawbone PRIME™

Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Check out this little number.
Introducing Jawbone PRIME™
Have you used it Shihan? I have seen them, and I am not sold on them. They average around a 3.5 or 4 star rating on Amazon and CNET. Do you have any personal experience with it?

Thanks,

JD

Old 01-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 496 Times on 276 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Oh No, I would never wear one of those Douchy Things. It had a good rating and looked cool.

I use https://www.jupiterjack.com/

Old 01-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #5

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

Can't go wrong with a plantronics or Jabra or Blue Ant. Just remember that all bluetooth headsets work with any (YES ANY) bluetooth enabled phone. I don't care what anyone says. I have used bluetooth headsets that said there was no way they would work with my Samsung blackjack and they worked just fine. Remember that you can also get bluetooth car sets that plug into the cig lighter (Accessory outlet) in your care and to your radio and you hear the caller on your stereo speakers. How new is your phone? Being one of the International Men of Mystery I will assume that your phone is rather new. It should have Bluetooth 2.0 the most up to date and longer range than bluetooth 1.0. bt2.0 is backwards compatible meaning a 1.0 head set will work with a 2.0 phone. Me I prefer an ear piece that rests slightly in my ear canal and helping to block out noise.

The Blue Ant Z9i Z9i Bluetooth Headset - BlueAnt Wireless

The Blue Ant Q1 BlueAnt Q1 Voice Controlled Headset - BlueAnt Wireless

The Jabra JX20 Jabra JX20 - Exclusive Bluetooth headset where Power Meets Elegance

The Plantronics Voyager (Named after The Star Trek Ship) 520 Plantronics Voyager 520 Bluetooth Headset | Business-Class Audio

CNet.com Bluetuthf ratings.

Bluetooth Headsets - CNET Reviews

Old 01-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #6

I have actually never had a cell phone, or a contract, of my own. Part of my staying off the grid plan.

Part of my work contract, where ever I go to work, is that the company provides a cell phone, or else they don't get to put me on a leash. Every company always agrees and gives me a cell phone with unlimited talking and texting. So, that is why I am expensing a headset, since it is now a state law.

Thanks for the info Tango, I have been researching all weekend, but I have yet to hear from anyone that I trust, like you guys.

70 reviews on CNET or Amazon from people that I don't know, don't mean as much, TO ME, as ONE review from you guys, since I know who you are and what you are about.

So, of those, have you personally used any of them with positive results?

My Motorola is pretty new. Probably within the last 6 months of production, maybe a year tops, and I believe it is the most updated version of Bluetooth.

Thanks for the info.

JD

Old 01-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #7

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

I used to have a Jabra BT250V (they don't make it) it fit around your ear and stuck into your canal and it was the best head set I ever had. I had 6 different Motorola head sets they all SUCKS bigger geoduck than suprdave.

Plantronics is what they use on the space shuttle. But I highly doubt the lowly $100 and less headsets see the kind of QA QC that on one them NASA ones sees.

I have used the blue ant slightly got to listen at a store man they are so clean it is like that commercial where the two guys are head to head.

I had a plantronics that is ok I still use it a little.

If you can look around on Ebay for head sets you can get them at a fraction of what your going to pay on line or in a store.

Last edited by cpttango30; 01-17-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I work for a cell phone company and have been through quite a few blue-tooth headsets. Motorola, Blue-Antz, Jabra, Jawbone, Samsung, etc. In my opinion, and this is what I tell my customers, the Jawbone Prime II is the best headset that exists right now. It has much better noise cancellation than any $130 Motorola, Jabra, or Plantronics that I've ever used. Also, it will block out wind to a certain degree, which other headsets will NOT due (even if advertised...).

The only cons with the Jawbone II Prime are price and ease of use. Just read the manual and you'll get use to how to answer calls and turn it on and off. Oh, and do yourself a favor and buy it from a retailer in your city, that way if it goes out within one year (it is an electronic device you know) they'll honor a one-year warranty in their store.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #9

Thanks 'squatch, I will check that one out as well.

Last edited by Dillinger; 01-17-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:13 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Thanks 'squatch, I will check that one out as well.
No problem. BTW - Most retailers have a 30 return policy. Ask them specifically if the device can be returned after it's been opened. You'll know if you like it within a week or two.

Last edited by Dillinger; 01-17-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Closed Thread