Thinking about something serious...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Thinking about something serious...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default Thinking about something serious...

Ok we all like peanut butte and we all like chocolate. That makes the Reese's peanut butter cup the greatest thing in the world.

Now I love regular size peanut butter cups (RPBC). But I am not a big fan of the small bite size ones. I think it is due to one thing. The ratio of peanut butter to chocolate. Yes my friends the small ones taste different than the regular size ones and the big cup ones aren't as good either nor is the egg, pumpkin or any other RPBC. The RPBC is the best when it is the standard size that comes in a 2 or 4 back. This my friends is directly related to the proportions of the peanut butter to chocolate, the best over all ratio is the regular size RPBC. With the small ones you don't get enough PB to chocolate and with the eggs and other larges ones you get to much pb to chocolate.

Am I wrong in my thinking on this one or am I spot on? I think I am spot on.

I would like to see the chunky RPBC brought back because I love chunky PB.

__________________
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 10-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 94
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I just want to see Reese come out with an eight-ounce version.

Put two in a package, and that'd be a whole pound of chocolate-covered goodness.

And it's good for you too, because chocolate, sugar and peanuts are all natural organic products, thus making them health foods.

__________________
1919A4 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

I agree on all counts except when it comes to the "Big Cup".

The big cup is proportionately identical to the standard cup, just scaled up.

If Andre the Giant were around to enjoy the big cup, he would have the same experience that you and I share with the standard cup.

Where the f**k are my coconut M&Ms?

__________________
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

What about Reeses Pieces? Are you a fan?

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 9,639
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1919A4 View Post
I just want to see Reese come out with an eight-ounce version.

Put two in a package, and that'd be a whole pound of chocolate-covered goodness.

And it's good for you too, because chocolate, sugar and peanuts are all natural organic products, thus making them health foods.
They do a full size bar, it's not bad, but it has none of the RPBC qualitys to it. It tastes like something else altogether.
__________________
Benning Boy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

They're one of my favorite snacks. I wasn't previously aware of the healthy food benefits.

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,381
Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Ok we all like peanut butte and we all like chocolate. That makes the Reese's peanut butter cup the greatest thing in the world.

Now I love regular size peanut butter cups (RPBC). But I am not a big fan of the small bite size ones. I think it is due to one thing. The ratio of peanut butter to chocolate. Yes my friends the small ones taste different than the regular size ones and the big cup ones aren't as good either nor is the egg, pumpkin or any other RPBC. The RPBC is the best when it is the standard size that comes in a 2 or 4 back. This my friends is directly related to the proportions of the peanut butter to chocolate, the best over all ratio is the regular size RPBC. With the small ones you don't get enough PB to chocolate and with the eggs and other larges ones you get to much pb to chocolate.

Am I wrong in my thinking on this one or am I spot on? I think I am spot on.

I would like to see the chunky RPBC brought back because I love chunky PB.
I agree that it's all about the PB to chocolate ratio, which is greatly reduced when you go to anything other than a standard-size cup. This has bothered me for a long time.

Might I suggest that you do a demonstration video on YouTube and send it to the good folks at Reese's? I know you can present a very compelling argument. You're the right one to represent us, I'm sure all the others will agree. You've got my support.
__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,381
Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
They do a full size bar, it's not bad, but it has none of the RPBC qualitys to it. It tastes like something else altogether.
Now, the "Nutrageous" is incredible. Not a cup, but it will stand the test of time as being one of the best candy bars of all time.
__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
They're one of my favorite snacks. I wasn't previously aware of the healthy food benefits.
WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Reese's PBC are the perfect food (Says that as stuffing 4 mini's in to mouth like cookie monster).
__________________
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Highpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Upper Mississippi Valley
Posts: 1,547
Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
With the small ones you don't get enough PB to chocolate and with the eggs and other larges ones you get to much pb to chocolate.

..... I think I am spot on.
Roger that!
__________________
Highpower is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
thinking of getting a 1911 tsnyder88 1911 Forum 19 11-13-2009 08:34 PM
I'm thinking on a trade Gojubrian General Handgun Discussion 12 10-20-2009 01:23 AM
new to guns, thinking about getting my ccw darkendlight88 Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 10 10-03-2009 02:41 AM
I'm Thinking about... CA357 Semi-Auto Handguns 17 08-14-2009 04:41 AM
For anyone that's thinking about moving..... Troy Michalik The Club House 1 08-11-2009 11:37 PM