Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Thinking about something serious... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/thinking-about-something-serious-19502/)

cpttango30 10-26-2009 03:13 PM

Thinking about something serious...

Ok we all like peanut butte and we all like chocolate. That makes the Reese's peanut butter cup the greatest thing in the world.

Now I love regular size peanut butter cups (RPBC). But I am not a big fan of the small bite size ones. I think it is due to one thing. The ratio of peanut butter to chocolate. Yes my friends the small ones taste different than the regular size ones and the big cup ones aren't as good either nor is the egg, pumpkin or any other RPBC. The RPBC is the best when it is the standard size that comes in a 2 or 4 back. This my friends is directly related to the proportions of the peanut butter to chocolate, the best over all ratio is the regular size RPBC. With the small ones you don't get enough PB to chocolate and with the eggs and other larges ones you get to much pb to chocolate.

Am I wrong in my thinking on this one or am I spot on? I think I am spot on.

I would like to see the chunky RPBC brought back because I love chunky PB.

1919A4 10-26-2009 03:17 PM

I just want to see Reese come out with an eight-ounce version.

Put two in a package, and that'd be a whole pound of chocolate-covered goodness.

And it's good for you too, because chocolate, sugar and peanuts are all natural organic products, thus making them health foods.

Benning Boy 10-26-2009 03:24 PM

I agree on all counts except when it comes to the "Big Cup".

The big cup is proportionately identical to the standard cup, just scaled up.

If Andre the Giant were around to enjoy the big cup, he would have the same experience that you and I share with the standard cup.

Where the f**k are my coconut M&Ms?:mad:

orangello 10-26-2009 03:32 PM

What about Reeses Pieces? Are you a fan?

Benning Boy 10-26-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1919A4 (Post 178371)
I just want to see Reese come out with an eight-ounce version.

Put two in a package, and that'd be a whole pound of chocolate-covered goodness.

And it's good for you too, because chocolate, sugar and peanuts are all natural organic products, thus making them health foods.

They do a full size bar, it's not bad, but it has none of the RPBC qualitys to it. It tastes like something else altogether.

CA357 10-26-2009 03:42 PM

They're one of my favorite snacks. I wasn't previously aware of the healthy food benefits. :D

lonyaeger 10-26-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 178367)
Ok we all like peanut butte and we all like chocolate. That makes the Reese's peanut butter cup the greatest thing in the world.

Now I love regular size peanut butter cups (RPBC). But I am not a big fan of the small bite size ones. I think it is due to one thing. The ratio of peanut butter to chocolate. Yes my friends the small ones taste different than the regular size ones and the big cup ones aren't as good either nor is the egg, pumpkin or any other RPBC. The RPBC is the best when it is the standard size that comes in a 2 or 4 back. This my friends is directly related to the proportions of the peanut butter to chocolate, the best over all ratio is the regular size RPBC. With the small ones you don't get enough PB to chocolate and with the eggs and other larges ones you get to much pb to chocolate.

Am I wrong in my thinking on this one or am I spot on? I think I am spot on.

I would like to see the chunky RPBC brought back because I love chunky PB.

I agree that it's all about the PB to chocolate ratio, which is greatly reduced when you go to anything other than a standard-size cup. This has bothered me for a long time.

Might I suggest that you do a demonstration video on YouTube and send it to the good folks at Reese's? I know you can present a very compelling argument. You're the right one to represent us, I'm sure all the others will agree. You've got my support.

lonyaeger 10-26-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 178386)
They do a full size bar, it's not bad, but it has none of the RPBC qualitys to it. It tastes like something else altogether.

Now, the "Nutrageous" is incredible. Not a cup, but it will stand the test of time as being one of the best candy bars of all time.

cpttango30 10-26-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 178388)
They're one of my favorite snacks. I wasn't previously aware of the healthy food benefits. :D

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Reese's PBC are the perfect food (Says that as stuffing 4 mini's in to mouth like cookie monster).

Highpower 10-26-2009 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 178367)
With the small ones you don't get enough PB to chocolate and with the eggs and other larges ones you get to much pb to chocolate.

..... I think I am spot on.

Roger that!