Thinking about joining the high school football team - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Thinking about joining the high school football team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

I have and did and in each instance it was not the smart thing to do. The effects of concussions are cumulative, meaning have one today and you are more likely to have one tomorrow. It takes more than sitting out a series to recover from the damage that is done by a concussion.

The last concussion I had, while at work, took almost 3 weeks before I could walk/talk without feeling like I would fall over. That's the lasting legacy of sustaining head injuries and not getting proper treatment.
Just because you have a headache doesn't not always mean you have a concussion

Old 08-15-2012, 05:36 AM   #22
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7972 Times on 4785 Posts
Likes Given: 10233

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
So u never played with a headache? Don't be mad .. but again its not football if we have to sit out every time you get hit.. sure sit out for a series no problem and really do so if you feel like your heads gunna fall off. But that's the sport and that's the name of the game u don't play football to play patty cake
And that is exactly why I don't like football. I watch a lot of sports but I don't watch or enjoy football.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #23

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
And that is exactly why I don't like football. I watch a lot of sports but I don't watch or enjoy football.
that's a shame ... injuries happen in all sports. If the AMA had their way all kids would be wearing helmets when playing soccer or worse ..... heading the ball would be banned

I'm not saying don't play, I am saying take care of your dome ... you only get 1 brain and it seldomly heals after injury

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #24

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Do it! You'll have memories for the rest of your life.

Leg strength and cardio endurance ... Your frame sounds like a wide receiver . You need speed, agility, and GOOD hands... A nice jump won't hurt either

Football is just as physical as it is mental... Knowing you can do something goes a long way to actually getting it done

Keep us up to date on how the games go and don't EVER quit. No matter what. Hit the weight room every day that you're allowed and pay attention in practice

That's my experiences

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 08-15-2012 at 05:57 AM.