Think You Can Run a Better Country? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Think You Can Run a Better Country?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My latest stats:

The Republic of Ineffable Coolness is a very large, socially progressive nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-working, intelligent population of 113 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Public Transport. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7%. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Furniture Restoration industry.

It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, Ineffable Coolness's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Ineffable Coolness's national animal is the sea monkey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.

Apparently I CAN run the country better than GW

Last edited by user4; 08-10-2008 at 10:16 PM.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:42 PM   #32

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Nice. But you only have 113 million peeps. Wait until you get higher in population count. The higher your population, the more every decision weighs on your three categories. It's a constant balancing act between taxes, political/personal freedoms and the economy.

My economy is currently imploded and I am working to recover. I don't know what the hell happened, but I went from thriving to completely imploded.

Looks Bad.

JD

Old 08-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #33

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The Armed Republic of Arctic Glubania is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 637 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. The average income tax rate is 24%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

Dog breeding has been banned in accordance with recent animal experimentation laws, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, Arctic Glubania's airwaves are dominated by corporate-backed commercial radio, and the Arctic Glubania Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon'. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force.

Arctic Glubania's national animal is the polar bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Glubanian Krugerand.

Arctic Glubania is ranked 2nd in the region and 10,863rd in the world for Most Beautiful Environments.

Not too bad of a place to live, given the facts.

JD