Think You Can Run a Better Country? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Think You Can Run a Better Country?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3488 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The Issue
The international community has appealed to Arctic Glubania to increase humanitarian aid to the world's poorer nations.

The Debate
"We must increase foreign aid," says beaded local peace activist Steffan King. "Compared to some of these nations, Arctic Glubania is swimming in Glubanian Krugerands. Let's face it, not every nation in the world is lucky enough to have a government like ours. Let's show some compassion to our less economically gifted neighbors."

"Talk about a way to flush Glubanian Krugerands straight down the toilet," argues Think Tank member Jean-Paul Li. "What I've noticed is that whenever we do give something, it's never enough: a few years later they're back asking for more. The best way to help these poor nations is to stop shielding them from the logical consequences of their idiotic, long-debunked so******t economic policies."

"Relief wouldn't hurt us... if we 'relieved' the right countries," suggests government advisor Steffan Frederickson. "We give them a little humanitarian aid, they give us access to their Arms Manufacturing markets... it's win-win. Nothing wrong with a little quid pro quo, especially for a good cause."

The Government Position
The government has yet to formalize a position on this issue.

Old 08-03-2008, 05:43 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Dammit, somehow my once great nation has slid to "Left Leaning College State" status.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #23

584 Million people who are paying 42% in taxes, have "good" civil rights, a Fragile economy & Below Average Political Freedoms. I can't win - Every vote has negative implications.... LOL

JD

Old 08-04-2008, 03:33 AM   #24

MattG baited me into this dang thing from JF!!

Quote:
Dammit, somehow my once great nation has slid to "Left Leaning College State" status.
The truth is out Cali boy!! I knew you were a closet leftie!!

I've only made decisons on two issues, madatory voting, and nazi demostrations. My country is so great, I'm moving there (it's in the South Pacific), especially if I can stay in charge.

Loads of fun, it will be huge in a few years, this is just the beginning of this kid of thing.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:35 AM   #25

Quote:
#

# "It's not contradictory at all," argues political commentator Thomas Jones. "The fact is, if not everyone votes, the outcome isn't truly representative. Some groups--like elderly gun nuts--vote more often than others. That's why we always end up with such terrible politicians."
My first issue. Oh tehlols.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
584 Million people who are paying 42% in taxes, have "good" civil rights, a Fragile economy & Below Average Political Freedoms. I can't win - Every vote has negative implications.... LOL

JD
Damn, I felt bad because my residents were paying 26%.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Damn, I felt bad because my residents were paying 26%.
You and me both. Take a look at any of the long standing countries though, they are all paying 96% plus in taxes. Crazy.

I was up as high as 44% at one point, then got all the way down to 7% with tax cuts left and right, and slashing social services, then it slowly creeped right back up there. I can't win. Every good decision costs me more in taxes and every bad decision leads to less political and personal freedoms... LOL

I'm a horrible ruler - but I have a safe place for ym people to live...

JD

Old 08-04-2008, 11:19 PM   #28

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I tryed this website, it's pretty cool. In my country, The Republic of Hornady, thieves are flogged in public for thier crimes. HAHAHAHA
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 08-05-2008, 05:35 AM   #29

I support this in our RL country.

It'd sure put a damper on violent crime if 100%, no-shadow-of-a-doubt, absolutely-positively murderers and rapists, were to be publicly executed on national TV, well, there'd be a sudden drop in such crimes, imo.

I'm not saying a roman coliseum, don't let it get commercialized. Keep it gritty and dirty and heart-saddening.

Just my two cents' worth.

[/rant]

Old 08-10-2008, 08:18 PM   #30

Any players should log in today and reserve their country name for the new Nation States 2. This version is supposed to be more realistic and have a lot more features.

In my country, taxes are down to 26% and I am currently third in my region for most desired place to travel to for a vacation... Which isn't great since there are only 8 countries in my region....LOL

JD