Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Think You Can Run a Better Country?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

In the settings you can ask for one issue per weekday, two issues per weekday, one issue everyday or two issues everyday. The more issues you vote on, the faster your country grows in size, but it doubles your problems.

Here is what my country is currently up too....

The Armed Republic of Arctic Glubania is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 439 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 31%. A robust private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

Many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens, and shops were recently ransacked as cigarettes returned to the shelves. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Arctic Glubania's national animal is the polar bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Glubanian Krugerand.

I can't win no matter what I do.... LOL

JD

Old 07-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Awesome, I'm bumping to two per day.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #13

The Kingdom of Doug1627 is a tiny, socially progressive nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and Healthcare are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 15%. A substantial private sector is led by the Basket Weaving, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling industries.

Voting is voluntary. Crime is a problem. Doug1627's national animal is the Golden Eagle and its currency is the Dollar.

Doug1627 is ranked 1473rd in the region and 32,002nd in the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.

Just voted to make drugs illegal again, I found the people cannnot handle that freedom without hurting the economy.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

The People's Republic of The America Colonies is a large, devout nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed population of 20 million are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

The large government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Equality and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 28%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Soda Sales, Cheese Exports, and Trout Farming industries.

All tariffs have been abolished, genetic researchers have been expelled, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The America Colonies's national animal is the American Bison and its currency is the Liberty.

The America Colonies is ranked 1491st in the region and 36,885th in the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug1627 View Post

Just voted to make drugs illegal again, I found the people cannnot handle that freedom without hurting the economy.
LOL - You are going to find that every well intentioned act is going to hurt something along the way. It's kind of a perverse pleasure actually. I got about 8 people at work hooked on it and we formed our own region. Then we petitioned the UA, their version of the UN, for membership and were accepted. We put it to a vote, since becoming a member causes you to be affected by the votes of the UA that pass, regardless of how you feel about it, our region voted to decline the invitation.... LOL

It's addicting. I can't go through the day without checking on my little nation at least twice to see how I messed up today...

JD

Old 07-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
LOL - You are going to find that every well intentioned act is going to hurt something along the way. It's kind of a perverse pleasure actually. I got about 8 people at work hooked on it and we formed our own region. Then we petitioned the UA, their version of the UN, for membership and were accepted. We put it to a vote, since becoming a member causes you to be affected by the votes of the UA that pass, regardless of how you feel about it, our region voted to decline the invitation.... LOL

It's addicting. I can't go through the day without checking on my little nation at least twice to see how I messed up today...

JD
Very Addicting, I have a seperate browser open for it.

Great find Dillinger! Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:20 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Category: Capitalist Paradise
Civil Rights: Average
Economy: Very Strong
Political Freedoms: Below Average

Regional Influence: Minnow

The Allied States of Pee town is a small, economically powerful nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 7 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The small government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Social Equality and Social Welfare receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.

Voting is compulsory, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, thieves are flogged in public for their crimes, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is a serious problem. Pee town's national animal is the platypus and its currency is the bean.

Pee town is ranked 2542nd in the region and 43,436th in the world for Largest Mining Sector.
I'm not sure how letting children gamble lowered my political freedom rating.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Old 07-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #18

Yeah - Kind of curious isn't it? No matter what decision you make, it's going to make an impact somewhere in your country.

Here's a hint - If you dimiss a vote, because you don't agree with it, you lose population growth for that day. It's better to vote on each issue and get the growth, then you have more regional influence and the changes to your system aren't as strongly felt.

JD

Old 07-14-2008, 06:19 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I really like tonight's issue:

The Issue

A group of emergency room doctors has petitioned the government to introduce mandatory organ donations.
The Debate

1. "It's not as crazy as it sounds," says Dr. Roxanne McAlpin. "Every day, people die because we don't have the organs to save them. Well, that and widespread under-funding of the health system. But the point is, if the government allowed us to take organs from dead people, we could save hundreds of lives a year. And come on, it's not like dead people need them."

2. "You keep your damn hands off my organs!" says alarmed hospital patient Clint Rubin. "They are my organs, and I'll do with them what I like. The government has no right to my body."

I've always though that death row inmates should be harvested for organs. I'm going with #1, even though I know it'll lower my political freedoms and civil rights.

Roger Waters

Old 07-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I really like tonight's issue:

The Issue

A group of emergency room doctors has petitioned the government to introduce mandatory organ donations.
The Debate

1. "It's not as crazy as it sounds," says Dr. Roxanne McAlpin. "Every day, people die because we don't have the organs to save them. Well, that and widespread under-funding of the health system. But the point is, if the government allowed us to take organs from dead people, we could save hundreds of lives a year. And come on, it's not like dead people need them."

2. "You keep your damn hands off my organs!" says alarmed hospital patient Clint Rubin. "They are my organs, and I'll do with them what I like. The government has no right to my body."

I've always though that death row inmates should be harvested for organs. I'm going with #1, even though I know it'll lower my political freedoms and civil rights.

Just voted on that one. Still awaiting results.

The Community of Doug1627 is a small, pleasant nation, notable for its burgeoning Golden Eagle population. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 9 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized government is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Education and Religion & Spirituality are on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 15%. A substantial private sector is led by the Basket Weaving, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling industries.

Voting is voluntary, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home, and citizens select which government department gets their income tax Dollars each year. Crime is a problem. Doug1627's national animal is the Golden Eagle and its currency is the Dollar.

Doug1627 is ranked 1st in the region and 13,815th in the world for Happiest Citizens.