Think i might cry.... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Think i might cry....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I feel like such a loser, I just got off the phone with Chief Warrent Officer *insert name* and was told I've been accepted and I'll be sworn in Wednesday evening at 7:00pm. I kid you not, I'm so happy that I actually had tears run down my face.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #42

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
I feel like such a loser, I just got off the phone with Chief Warrent Officer *insert name* and was told I've been accepted and I'll be sworn in Wednesday evening at 7:00pm. I kid you not, I'm so happy that I actually had tears run down my face.
Congrats! So why feel like a loser? Great news!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by fickenmeimirish

Congrats! So why feel like a loser? Great news!
I've never really cried at all, now add crying because I'm happy.....that's a totally of twice, including this.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:24 AM   #44
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10783

So have you decided on what you want to do? As I recall you had a list of options.

Hey, and congrats big time!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
dango Likes This 
Old 03-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
So have you decided on what you want to do? As I recall you had a list of options.

Hey, and congrats big time!
I'm thinking about going Combat Engineer, but I'm not sure what they've got in going in as. If I can still pick, I'll most likely try for that. This way when I retire from the military, I've got something appealing to put on a résumé when applying for another job.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:35 AM   #46

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt
Aw, crud, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

For what it's worth, a very good buddy of mine has outstanding eyesight and can't put five shots on an 8x10 sheet of paper at 50 feet with a 22lr rifle. He was in artillery in the Army. I'm not sure what their standards actually are....

Let us know where you end up. No matter where (or whether!) you do, we're proud of you and you have our gratitude.
If you can hit a grid square (1km x 1km) at 17-24km....
Old 03-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

Dude I wouldn't blame you if you did cry.

Once upon a time I thought that I was put here to serve in the marine corp,was so sure of it that I lost almost a 100 pounds and got into the best shape of my life to do it. This was right out of high school. I scored a 90 on my azvab and qualified for every job in the corps. I was outrunning and out working all the other poolees that had been waiting months for the bus to Paris island. I went to MEPS and failed the hearing test twice for high frequency hearing loss in ONE ear. This was right after the budget cuts hit the Marines,they didnt tell me if I tested again that day and failed it would give me a permanent disqualification. Anywho I got my dreams **** down right there on the spot. Went and got a hearing test that said I could hear everything I needed to but someone higher up the chain gave a no-go.

After all the work and effort I put into getting in,changing my whole lifestyle,loosing all that weight. I was a broken man for a while,and I hadn't even been a man long. I was so lost but I came to terms with the fact that someone bigger than me must have put me on this earth for another reason.

I DID cry leaving the recruiters office after MEPS and few times after that. No woman had ever broke my heart like that.

So I know how you feel kaido,but keep your head up. Just tell yourself your meant to do something else,something bigger and better if it doesn't work out.
JStrong, I was a poolee from age 14! My dream
was to be a US Marine. A month before I was to ship out, I severely broke my ankle. Was in hospital for two weeks. The recruiter said wait a year. Go to college. When I came back to my home town recruiter the next year, the Gunny said "We don't take broke d**ks!". I was shattered. The Sands of Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal Diary, John Freaking Wayne! Hoorah, Devil Dog!! So I left... and ran into an Army recruiter. And the rest is history, sad as it may be.

Kaido, don't trust a recruiter! Been in for over 19 years!! In the American Army, recruiters have three pages of jobs to fill. Page 1, jobs the Army needs to fill. Page 2, jobs the Army wants to fill. Page 3, the job you want. If you want to be a grunt (infantry, I was a grunt at one point in my career. Great choice when you're young!) stick with it. The recruiter will say not available. Tell him in that case, neither are you. Be ready to walk out. He'll check his computer a few times. Nope, nothing. LEAVE!! He'll call you back with page 2 jobs. Stick to your guns!! If its not what you want, JUST SAY NO!!! Eventually, they'll call and say, "Hey, your job just opened!" And get ready for the suck. Embrace the suck! And don't believe "A self propelled howitzer is just like a tank!" Yeah, I fell for that my first time. I was a redleg my first time even though I wanted to be a treadhead. Live and learn.... to live with disappointment. It's the Army way!! Although Canada might be different.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3232 Times on 1827 Posts
Likes Given: 18603

^ Canada , they "Curtsy" not Solute..! Just kidding man and ole Canada still holds the worlds record sniper shot , That........says a lot ! Broke ma record "Bastages"..!

Old 03-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #49

image-1814052805.jpg

Go Canada!!!
image-2037222840.jpg  
Old 03-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3232 Times on 1827 Posts
Likes Given: 18603

^ lol............................!