Think i might cry.... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Think i might cry....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 04:43 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 226 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Jstrong, I have to say, I already knew your story, but having met you in person and getting to know you a bit, I think you would've made a damn fine Marine.
I appreciate it trip,but Marine is an earned title. And I've gone forward in life with even more respect for them knowing what it takes to even get the opportunity to earn the title. Past chapter of my life though.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 AM   #32
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8285 Times on 4788 Posts
Likes Given: 10716

Great news Kaido!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #33

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
A bit of advice from a old grunt. Given all the stink holes we are currently engaged in and the often erratic action of our Chief Appologizer, I would tell any youg person considering service to GO ACTIVE DUTY.

Seems to me the Reservists and National Guard units are doing most of the multiple deployments through the sand box while the active duty regiments are back home keeping there training up for the "next" major action.

Long story short, if you need to go Johny Jihad hunting it's better to do it with a complete unit that rotates together, "unit cohesion", rather that getting assigned to a unit already "in rotation" where you land "in country" fresh out of boot, as the cherry FNG.

Either way your choice to serve is respected.

Good Luck

Tack
While I normally agree with this, I dont think it affects him since hes in canada

Old 03-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
Again, might cry. But from happy-ness this time.

I got in from work and was told that my Aunt called. She said that the military had called her and asked if she could pass a message to me. I'm accept and everything, but they apparently had no number to reach me. All I could think is that someone over there at the recruitment centre is slacking....I called to update my cell phone number a good six months ago.

But anywhoo, gonna call my aunt in the morning and see what exactly she was told.
Awesome! Congrats and good luck!

Old 03-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 142 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Forget Bos'n Mate, unless you have a love for a paint brush or needle gun. If you join any branch, you'll need to specialize in a trade, and strive to be the best at it. Your military time will go a whole lot easier when you're the go-to guy.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1539

Congratulations Kaido!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #37

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido
Okay okay, maybe not hit THAT hard by it, but what I was told does suck some serious lemons.

I got in from school all of 20minuites ago and my Mongols me I had a phone call from a CPT.fake-name from the recruiting center by me. Needless to say, after a few weeks of me always calling them, I was pretty stoked. Then he told me the reason he was calling.

My vision wasn't up to par with the choices I was going for (Infantry, Combat Engineer, and Field Artillery). That put a small kink in my plans for life. It did get a little better though.

He told me that I still have a couple of choices left that I can go for, even with my eye sight. So now I'm down to Bosun in the navy(gotta find out what that is), cook, Intelligence operator, Mechanic(any thing under that), Material Technician (have to find out what this one is too), Medical Assistance, and finally a Signal Operator.

Needless to say, glasses kinda suck now. Haha

EDIT for those who didn't happen to catch it, I was nor am I close to crying. The tittle was simply just a way of saying it was lame finding out I couldn't go for what I was hoping.
Laser eye surgery may open up those options

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 03-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #38

Liked 346 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396

Laser eye surgery may open up those options
I've thought about that, but then that's another year or so till I would of been able to join.....not that it already hasn't been almost two years since applying.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5759 Times on 3257 Posts
Likes Given: 5197

There's nothing wrong with any job in the military. Whether you're a fighter pilot or a cook, you're honorably serving your country. Do it, and be proud of it

Winston Churchill
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 03-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
There's nothing wrong with any job in the military. Whether you're a fighter pilot or a cook, you're honorably serving your country. Do it, and be proud of it
Agree 100% if youre serving your country it doesnt matter what your MOS is. Every one person is as important as the next.

Semper Fi