Things you would like to do before you go . - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Things you would like to do before you go .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 05:32 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Man you really know how to make an old man feel real old. In the past 70 years I have done almost all of those things except build a sail boat (have been sailing for 40 years) white water rafting is too tame after doing it year after year after year, and skydiving is just not in my DNA. (Why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Have flown them tho). Four children and four grandchildren, four wives for that matter, last one 29 years married, been shooting for 54 years and have all the guns I need.

And no you can not have Megan Fox's phone number.
Jim
stratrider Likes This 
Old 06-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

My list is about complete & skydiving is addicting & the planes are crap. But before I go I want to build this in full size 45/70 http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/SpecialEditions/1877BulldogGatlingGun.aspx

Old 06-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #23

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

4 marriages ....... you poor bastard!

Old 06-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #24

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

While there are a ton of things that I want to do before I go....I thank God everyday for experiencing the things that I have already gotten to do. Most of that thanks revolves around my family...wife and little girl.

I was fortunate enough to do the whitewater rafting at the age of 15, I think...it was fun. I have also spent a lot of time on a mountain bike doing a lot of stupid things in my past. Now, my list mostly contains places that I want to visit.....some of which have been mentioned as I would love to visit all 50 of the states in the US. Unfortunately, I have not made it beyond the east coast yet.

The only other thing that I have put on a list lately is a zip lining trip that I hope to achieve in the next 12 months.

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 06-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #25
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Not die.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #26

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Not die.
Maybe find the key to immortality?

My son wants to live forever. I told him that forever is a damn long time to have to put up with this ****.

Still. He wants to be a scientist (in between all his other dreams), and wants to create a drink that'll give immortality. He's already decided to name it "Angel juice".

I just said, go for it.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #27
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 770 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 2903

One thing would be to go back to Germany for a visit and take a look around the area where I was stationed. That would be Dahn.

Last edited by shadecorp; 06-20-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #28

Liked 1624 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadecorp View Post
One thing would be to back to Germany for a visit and take a look around the area where I was stationed. That would be Dahn.
I'd like to return to my old Kaserne in southern Germany. Schloss Lichtenstein was very close by as were many other castles. The Black Forest was close, Switzerland just to the south and Austria just to the southeast. I miss the food, the bier, a certain import from Turkey or Morocco, the roads, the drivers (sorry, but we Americans don't generally drive very well, lol)
schloss_lichtenstein.jpg  
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 06-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #29

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

What an amazing castle
stratrider Likes This 
Old 06-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #30

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Visit the states I haven't been too. Think I've been to 28 or so, see some of Europe. Germany, Italy, Spain. I want to see Normandy, the camps from ww2, visit the Vatican City. (I'm catholic)

Spend time with my family being close and making memories. I've had a lot of fun in life, granted most being stupid and crazy stuff.

Travel is really all I hope for. Sure guns and a big house are nice, but those material possessions don't mean much compared to experiences.

I want to hunt caribou in Alaska, bear if I can. Moose as well.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.