You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Things that disturb us....!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5011 Times on 2887 Posts
Likes Given: 8294

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
I was taught to, whenever possible, back into a space, as it is far safer to pull out than to back out. And I am the guy who draws @$$holes with panel vans, who seem to zero in on my space, and park right next to it. Usually on both sides of my vehicle.

So, I counter your post with, I can pull less of my car out, and have better odds of not getting hit, by inconveniencing you, and having you wait 20 seconds longer for the other space. I am trying to stay safer by doing so. Nothing more, nothing less, and since you are not the one paying my insurance premiums, it's really none of my concern, or your business when it comes to why I do it. If it helps, i do also look for two spaces, where I can drive right through, and stop, nose out, in the one in front.

and no, I am not that guy, who noses into one space to back into another. I actually know how to drive.

Now, for the other argument. How do you pull a car in front of you to jump start yours with a dead battery if it is nose in in a parking space? You have to wait for a spot to clear, or push your car out. All I need to do is get someone willing to jump it.

and even when i had a long box, extended cab DRW, I always parked further out, in no man's land, as i could find pull through spots there, and walk the burger and fries I had for lunch off by having to go farther to get to the doors of the store. I have a truck with a plow blade during the winter, so ti is as long as my old 3/4 tom was then, without the plow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I park nose out all the time. Having driven junk cars for years, it's the easiest way to work on a car dead in a parking lot or home garage. And, as mentioned, it's safer to pull out than back out.
i have run across those idiots that drive the big huge honking trucks before in the parking lots! they usually are trying to find and park in a spot real close to the front of the store. me? i usually park towards the end of the parking lanes with less vehicles parked there and yes, i park nose out, but i find one that's empty on the opposite side and pull through so i'm nose out.

now my ex-wife would drive around for thirty minutes, just to try and find a parking spot that was one spot closer to the store. she would sometimes drive around waiting on someone about to leave a parking spot closer to the store.

and no one is fighting over the empty parking spots out in no-man's land!
"the hate which we all bear with the most Christian patience, is the hate of those who envy us."
locutus Likes This 
Old Today, 02:43 PM   #92

Liked 2686 Times on 1631 Posts
Likes Given: 4454

I appreciate those of you that are willing to park correctly, nose out. Lots of good reasons to do it, as noted above. The biggest is that anyone who does is automatically considered to be the more knowledgeable driver by the pro's. That respect is hard to come by. If you can't back, pull through to manage it...

If you notice all trucks back into spots whenever possible. Only the most rank rookie noses into a spot if there is any other choice. You don't want to hear those conversations on the CB when we educate them. Parking farther out is another sign of good sense. Now if we could just teach all the others... Nah teaching common sense is a lots cause.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; Today at 02:49 PM.
Dallas53 Likes This 
Old Today, 02:48 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmiller View Post
I appreciate this of you that are willing to park correctly, nose out. Lots of good reasons to do it, as noted above. The biggest is that anyone who does is automatically considered to be the more knowledgeable driver by the pro's. If you notice all trucks back into spots whenever possible. Only the most rank rookie noses into a spot if there is any other choice. Parking farther out is another sign of good sense.
one oil field company i worked for years ago, due to company policies for safety, we were required to back into a parking space. even our personal vehicles if they were parked on company property.
"the hate which we all bear with the most Christian patience, is the hate of those who envy us."

Old Today, 03:21 PM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14003 Times on 7155 Posts
Likes Given: 13379

What really burns me is the AZZHOLE that intentionally takes up two spaces to make sure no one "dings" his door.

If his new vehicle is too "precious" to park, maybe it's too "precious" to drive.

GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP
People Like This 
Old Today, 03:29 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
What really burns me is the AZZHOLE that intentionally takes up two spaces to make sure no one "dings" his door.

If his new vehicle is too "precious" to park, maybe it's too "precious" to drive.
i see people driving junkers that park like this too. personally, i think some of them are just rude and inconsiderate and natural born douchebags!

another one that hacks me off at the stores, are the idiots who aren't considerate of others to put their shopping buggies into the proper place once they have gotten their stuff loaded into their vehicle. they are either in the way of pulling into a parking spot, or rolling around banging into someone's vehicle. just pure laziness.
locutus Likes This 
Old Today, 03:38 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5238 Times on 3269 Posts

Quote:

You can always keep a bar of soap in your vehicle for just such an occasion. Just be very polite when you leave that soapy clean message on his window.

I've known people to keep the little stickers in their vehicles of Mickey Mouse flipping the bird, you know, for jyst such an occasion. They are supposed to stick real good to windows, good enough a razor is required to remove them.

Old Today, 03:42 PM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14003 Times on 7155 Posts
Likes Given: 13379

How about the ones that stop with their carts in the middle of the aisle and visit for ten minutes while completely blocking the aisle.

I usually politely say "excuse me" to get their attention. Once in a while, I get a dirty look or a snide remark from one of them.

I told one of them once: "Hey stupid! you're blocking the Fu***** aisle!

The young couple behind me started clapping.

GOD BLESS PRESIDENT TRUMP
Dallas53 Likes This 
Old Today, 03:49 PM   #98

Quote:
How about the ones that stop with their carts in the middle of the aisle and visit for ten minutes while completely blocking the aisle.

I usually politely say "excuse me" to get their attention. Once in a while, I get a dirty look or a snide remark from one of them.

I told one of them once: "Hey stupid! you're blocking the Fu***** aisle!

The young couple behind me started clapping.
well, you much more polite than i am! if they are rude enough to block the aisle, then i can just as rude in bringing it to their attention, and sometimes will go out of my way to embarrass them.

another thing that hacks me off, is people who allow their kids to run around like heathens in the store.

first of all if i had acted in such a manner, it would have been a butt whooping for sure. if my children had acted in such a manner, it would have been a butt whooping for sure.

Old Today, 04:20 PM   #99

Liked 1400 Times on 866 Posts
Likes Given: 1501

I park how ever I please... But Im that guy with the beater that nobody wants to be within 5 parking spaces of...
Dallas53 Likes This