Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > thin blue line sticker on personal cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2220 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1140

downsouth!

everything is cool my friend! Just hit a nerve with my perception but I understand. Words written do not always come across explaining our true meaning! Thanks 03

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #12

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Chandler,

Thank you for your response! And even in my book there are those LEOs who flagrantly take advantage and should not even be LEOs in the first place and professional courtesy only stretches so far. In my opinion talking about a line some no doubt cross the line and become a disgrace to most of us. The only thing that was a little dig was using the Blue Line for what it represents as the issue here. I am sure after thinking about it, there was no direct intent to use for a purpose at least not on my end. Because to me it is like the window and bumper stickers one sees that states for "In Memory of _______ 1985-2005!" That is why I took offense after what it means to me and the fact when you have lost three friends in the line of duty that were all three shot. Then it becomes a Symbol of meaning to you. And not a symbol of a cheap passport over a traffic ticket.
Goes back to the point most all of us are or become friends here on the FTF and the last thing we need to do is insult or offend our brothers and sisters here. Maybe some including myself need to be more conscious of our intentions and meanings when we post. Enough said on this end! Let's get on with enjoying the Forum! Thanks
Right on, bro. Again my apologies.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #13

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
downsouth!

everything is cool my friend! Just hit a nerve with my perception but I understand. Words written do not always come across explaining our true meaning! Thanks 03
Thanks 03, if I have a question about LE I will message you in the future if that be ok with you.

I commend you for holding your ground when something as precious as the memories of fallen brothers are even precieved to be tread on. You are are a man of character, who by your written words alone I admire. Thanks again for your 30 years of service.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Last edited by Jeepergeo; 01-07-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:28 AM   #15

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo

Google suggests it is somehow related to one of the rainbow coalitions.
I read that, a yellow = is equal rights for gays. I google searched before starting the thread. REALLY I DID!

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #16

I remember when the blue line sticker became popular in my area it was given to us by our chief we had stickers for family and a front plate for your personal vehicle but soon the bad guys began making these plates and stickers and the meaning / prestige of the thin blue line was compromised to the point that our chief asked for them all back and department regs were written banning it from all officers vehicles.
So to answer the question ( for my area ) they don't mean crap any more. We now have a certain arrangement of words that we teach our family that is widely recognized

Old 01-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #17

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Well hell, lets just have a secret freaking handshake in case we get pulled for speeding! That **** smacks of club house kind of bs.
I'd hate to think my wife would be treated differently in a traffic stop because she doesn't know the ****ing pass word.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2601 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Have I let fellow LEOs off for minor traffic infractions? Yes. Have I issued citations to fellow officers? Yes. Have I taken fellow officers to jail for DWI and family violence? Yes. Non-officers have gotten the same treatment, maybe not proprtionately.

The thin blue line stickers as well as other LE related "support" stickers (Troopers association , etc) have been used by BG's for "camoflage" to help them with their criminal acts (drug couriers especially). I am suspicious of such stickers.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I try to look at these stickers just for what they are supposed to represent. Being retired after 34 years in the streets and losing three brothers plus one wounded in '09 at the same time on the job (was first in on the officer down call as well), I appreciate any sign and symbol of support I see.

Yes, robo, you're right about them being used for camo or mercenary reasons. Still, I'd rather see them than not.

And I REALLY hope that cop bashing isn't prevalent here as was mentioned prior. I left two other firearm related sites for just that reason.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #20

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjnfirearms
I try to look at these stickers just for what they are supposed to represent. Being retired after 34 years in the streets and losing three brothers plus one wounded in '09 at the same time on the job (was first in on the officer down call as well), I appreciate any sign and symbol of support I see.

Yes, robo, you're right about them being used for camo or mercenary reasons. Still, I'd rather see them than not.

And I REALLY hope that cop bashing isn't prevalent here as was mentioned prior. I left two other firearm related sites for just that reason.
Cop bashing does sometimes happen here, although maybe not as bad as at other sites, but its just the nature Joe Q Public. Many of us have had negative experiences with cops in the past, and the media most definitely doesn't help. How many times do you hear a good story about a cop?

Basically, the cops that are members here are usually pretty well respected within the forum, and the cop bashing is usually INTENDED to be directed towards the crooked cops.

I get just as ticked with people bashing ALL cops as I do with some LEOs that claim there's no such thing as a bad cop.