thin blue line sticker on personal cars

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > thin blue line sticker on personal cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default thin blue line sticker on personal cars

That sticker is a sign of solidarity for leos and their families, does it carry a get out of a routine traffic ticket value also?

NEVER FORGET

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #2

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

I would imagine not once he gets to your window and finds out you are in fact not law enforcement.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong
I would imagine not once he gets to your window and finds out you are in fact not law enforcement.
I was meaning legit use. LEOs and family.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9166 Times on 3958 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Sort of like the lady my friend stopped for speeding. He had run her license, walked back up to the car, when she smiled at him and said "I thought the police did not write tickets to pretty girls."

He looked at her smiled, and said "That's right, we don't. Here's your ticket."

And got back in his car REAL fast!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Sort of like the lady my friend stopped for speeding. He had run her license, walked back up to the car, when she smiled at him and said "I thought the police did not write tickets to pretty girls."

He looked at her smiled, and said "That's right, we don't. Here's your ticket."

And got back in his car REAL fast!
Now thats funny. Still laughing

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-07-2012, 12:02 AM   #6

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
That sticker is a sign of solidarity for leos and their families, does it carry a get out of a routine traffic ticket value also?
I don't know about the sticker, but a badge damned sure does. Good friend of mine is LEO, and I've been with him when he was stopped for speeding...WELL in excess of the posted limit. He flipped that "shiny lil' piece of metal" and some kind of state ID card, and we were on our way!! Just ain't fair...

Old 01-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2603 Times on 1271 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Sounds like everyone here has gotten a ticket every time they were stopped!
I doubt it! In stead of all the recent LEO bashing that seems to be prevalent here when this is a weapon forum. Don't you have any weapons information to share with us? People need to be more concerned about what is going on in our Government. And to promote the good of our FTF!
See the recent thread on becoming 70 years of age and tell me those issues are not more important that a traffic ticket. The thin Blue Line is a symbol remembering all of the officers who have given their life for me and you and are listed on the Wall in Washington DC. I have three friends listed there! Like the same symbolism as the stencils and patches of the Soldiers that stand at the Vietnam Memorial in Washington is for some of us Vets here on the Forum. Some Gave ALL! We all need to unite for a common cause for a change. To promote America get it back on track and support one of the greatest Forums on the Internet.
Thanks for your consideration.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 01-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #8

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Sounds like everyone here has gotten a ticket every time they were stopped!
I doubt it! In stead of all the recent LEO bashing that seems to be prevalent here when this is a weapon forum. Don't you have any weapons information to share with us? People need to be more concerned about what is going on in our Government. And to promote the good of our FTF!
See the recent thread on becoming 70 years of age and tell me those issues are not more important that a traffic ticket. The thin Blue Line is a symbol remembering all of the officers who have given their life for me and you and are listed on the Wall in Washington DC. I have three friends listed there! Like the same symbolism as the stencils and patches of the Soldiers that stand at the Vietnam Memorial in Washington is for some of us Vets here on the Forum. Some Gave ALL! We all need to unite for a common cause for a change. To promote America get it back on track and support one of the greatest Forums on the Internet.
Thanks for your consideration.

Easy there, 03....I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I'm IN NO WAY bashing LEO's...you'll notice in my reply that the LEO referenced is "a good friend of mine". And frankly, I have no problem with you guys letting each other slide on speeding...matter of fact, I'd be surprised if you did not. Professional courtesy is present in every profession in some form or another, and the fact that you guys have an inherently dangerous job that allows for the rule of law....well I would think a perk or two is in order.

Sorry if you were offended...I was just trying to share what I felt was a funny story.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:44 AM   #9

Sniper03, I started the thread with no intention of it bashing LEOS. I noticed the stickers a couple years back and wondered why they were becoming so prevalent in the area I live. There is just no way I can imagine all the vehicles I see having one being LEO or direct family. So that was the nature of my op.

If you feel bashed, I greatly appologize for starting this, it certainly was not the original intent
Now can a mod kill my rosemarys baby that I gave birth to. Thanks

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2603 Times on 1271 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Chandler,

Thank you for your response! And even in my book there are those LEOs who flagrantly take advantage and should not even be LEOs in the first place and professional courtesy only stretches so far. In my opinion talking about a line some no doubt cross the line and become a disgrace to most of us. The only thing that was a little dig was using the Blue Line for what it represents as the issue here. I am sure after thinking about it, there was no direct intent to use for a purpose at least not on my end. Because to me it is like the window and bumper stickers one sees that states for "In Memory of _______ 1985-2005!" That is why I took offense after what it means to me and the fact when you have lost three friends in the line of duty that were all three shot. Then it becomes a Symbol of meaning to you. And not a symbol of a cheap passport over a traffic ticket.
Goes back to the point most all of us are or become friends here on the FTF and the last thing we need to do is insult or offend our brothers and sisters here. Maybe some including myself need to be more conscious of our intentions and meanings when we post. Enough said on this end! Let's get on with enjoying the Forum! Thanks

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 01-07-2012 at 12:59 AM.