They were young and they saved the world
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > They were young and they saved the world

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default They were young and they saved the world

Today marks 70 years since the Marines landed on the beaches of Guadalcanal. This story is a nice tribute to those mostly teenagers that turned the tide of tyranny.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/07/70-years-later-wwii-vet-recalls-guadalcanal-campaign/

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by c3shooter; 08-07-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Stand up and remove your covers for a moment of appreciation! God speed Devil Dogs and Thank You one and all!!

JD

Old 08-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #3

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

If only most teens today had the same ideals and patriotism that they had. Nice post

Old 08-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF View Post
If only most teens today had the same ideals and patriotism that they had. Nice post
i think you would surprised at what our teens are capable of...they (thank god) have,as of yet, not been tested.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #5

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

i think you would surprised at what our teens are capable of...they (thank god) have,as of yet, not been tested.
That is true, I see alot of young people who are "getting it".

NEVER FORGET

Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
That is true, I see alot of young people who are "getting it".
FACT!

The two biggest support groups for Ron Paul are military and young people! Many of these youngsters were duped by Osama 4 years ago and these youngsters have "seen" the error of their ways.

Also, lets go back to Nov. Dec of 2001 and how military recruiters couldnt keep up.

NEVER under estimate the youth of this nation. They all seem wrapped up in their X-box 360's and skateboards. But hell, in my misspent 20s, i was wrapped in fast cars, faster women and good whiskey. Werent we all wrapped up in something that made our forefathers (and mothers) shake their collective head at our shenanigans??

I have seen (i have raised/mentored half a doz. 20 somethings, as i raised my oldest, now 22) a core of raw iron in these kids!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #7

I am glad you guys are seeing it. The highschoolers in my area are rich pompous idiots who act like "gangsters" when most of them wouldnt know which way to point a gun.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9146 Times on 3949 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

I am seeing some sharp youngsters in the military, and our local high school. Also sharp youngsters at the high schools two of my grandkids attend. Not all, mind you- and at that age, I was dumber than a bag of hammers.

Was at the local Wendy's one evening, the SGT that runs the local Jr ROTC program was in there with 15 of his cadets- sharp, squared away, not slouching around- but still being youngsters. Introduced self to him, complimented the youngsters. You would have loved the grin on his face!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
I am seeing some sharp youngsters in the military, and our local high school. Also sharp youngsters at the high schools two of my grandkids attend. Not all, mind you- and at that age, I was dumber than a bag of hammers.

Was at the local Wendy's one evening, the SGT that runs the local Jr ROTC program was in there with 15 of his cadets- sharp, squared away, not slouching around- but still being youngsters. Introduced self to him, complimented the youngsters. You would have loved the grin on his face!
Well i am glad to hear that there are in fact good teens. I have a buddy who was in the rotc program said he loved it.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF View Post
Well i am glad to hear that there are in fact good teens. I have a buddy who was in the rotc program said he loved it.
Teens and early twenties even what can you expect? Were YOU a squared away top notch human at that point in your life?

I KNOW i was about useless as tits on a boar. But thankfully i had good men to shake their collective head, sigh and point my sorry arse in the right direction.

This is now our job as doddering old fools...shake our heads, chuckle at our own "misdeeds" of the ancient past and try to nudge the youth in the correct direction.