Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > They still wont let Dick Heller register his gun!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
BKT you live in NY too. How are you going to explain your way out of handing in your handguns if you haven't claimed them stolen or had them legally transferred to someone else?
I own no handguns. I'd like to, certainly, but I have no permit.

I have no permit precisely because I refuse to register my name and my firearms with the government. The only reason to register firearms is to make it easier for government to confiscate them later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Long guns are not the concern - when they come for those it'll be all out anarchy.
That's right.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7615 Times on 3315 Posts
Likes Given: 1129

Those of us that live in Virginia would ask that you encourage your Congresscritter to approve funding for immediate construction of the fence. Not for the border with Mexico, but to keep the idiots in DC! Calling a cat a duck does not make it a duck, and calling a semi-auto pistol a machinegun does not make it one. I am irritated because the idiots are using MY MONEY to defend their actions. And you should be, too.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSAPT9 View Post
I know you said in the last 50 years but it still fits the bill. The C96 Mauser.

Feed system 6, 10 or 20-round integral or detachable magazine; 40-round detachable magazines were also made

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_C96
Yeah - I completely forgot about the good folks from Mauser, good catch. My bad on that one....

But still - who would buy a top feed, stripper clip semi auto when you can use gravity to your advantage and facilitate a reload?

I'm with BigO - This is just a Contempt charge WAITING to happen.

The good news is, whatever pimp hand slapping is handed down because of this just might work as a deterent to other cities before they get too carried away.

I feel for the Heller guy though, talk about an emotional rollercoaster that guy is on....

JD

Old 07-19-2008, 10:01 PM   #14

I agree I prefer a bottom feeder (probably not a good term to use for a firearm) myself as well. I wonder if it was planed as the next step in the process. I mean he went down with a 7 shot auto loader so as not to challenge the 12 round rule just the semi-auto part. Like they say one step at a time and baby steps will get you farther faster than getting bogged down in deep mud right off the bat.

The first battle was won now for the next step in the processes.

Have a good one!

Remember:
Plan for the worst, Hope for the best and if you land on your feet running life is good!!!