There really are people who think like this. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > There really are people who think like this.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
What sheer ignorance hoping that girl is a child would like to think a grown woman would have more sense
I had to comment because this is fun . You used two words in that sentence that really didn't and will never make any sense, "woman" and "sense". LOL

Old 07-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #12

Liked 335 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

[QUOTE=

I do hope she is not a close friend.

JD[/QUOTE]

Thankfully she is not, I don't even know her. She is friends with a person I went to HS with. My HS friend is very pro 2A and makes posts supporting her views, this idiot had to open her mouth and remove all doubt as to how stupid she is. I try not to argue with these fools but at times I cannot help myself. It's sad really, because I don't even have to try to make people like her look dumb, she does that very well all on her own.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

She, like others, thinks that criminals are following laws. Even if these ridiculous measures were put into place, the BG's would just buy guns illegally so why make it harder for the good guys?? I think I just got a little dumber while reading this.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #14

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

I met one like that in my cyber-travels too...At least this dipsh*t can spell...

"If it had not been easy for him to get weapons and ammo, the tragedy would not have occurred. He was also shielded so no one could have returned his fire in the theater. According to police when called on to defend themselves most people who own guns do not know how to use them properly and end up getting hurt."

531228_3462726533936_2045665238_n.jpg  
Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6344 Times on 3363 Posts
Likes Given: 469

Instead of ridiculing her, take her out shooting using 22s. My wife was pretty much along those lines before we got married. Actually exposing her to firearms made her a rabid 2a supporter.

What faces you is a chance to add a member to the cause. You cant do it with words only with experience.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

People Like This 
Old 07-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1213 Times on 793 Posts
Likes Given: 770

im shocked. im just so stinkin shocked at how many people have stood up complainging about guns since colorado. and i realize just how many ignorant people there are!

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #17

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Quite scary how the anti's think. This is from my facebook, I don't know the person, she is a friend's friend, but I am just shocked at how she can be so ignorant (not really I know they are out there) I thought some of you might get a kick out of her. She lives in California BTW, not surprise.

"Jon I don't think the point is about what kind of guns we can purchase from a gun shop. However I also don't see the point of owning a gun that empties 20 to 100 rounds of amo / minute or what ever.( I don't know guns) If we want to play with guns like this or any gun they should only be available to play with under high security environments like shooting ranges. On a military base etc. We as the public have no reason to own guns like this. Our armed forces are 15 times of any other in the world so we are the best protected.

The guns should cost much more in the many thousands. Should be extremely difficult to get like a hunters license and every bullet should cost at least $5000.00, then people would think a little harder if they wanted to shoot somebody because they didn't put their right foot fast enough on the gas pedal in the car in front of them. I also think gun owners should have to go through vigorous physiological examinations to make sure they are not a box of cashews and should be retested every year. It should be ridiculously expensive and flooded with red tape. There should also be an age limit because statistically most violent shooting sprees happen with people under the age of 35.
The second amendment was written at a time when anyone could come through your gate rape your wife and daughters and burn your house down with them in it. Today this is less likely to happen. I have a hard time believing that this amendment was "left open" because of what technology would bring almost two hundred years later. That's just nonsense. That may be a story or a ferry tale. They had no idea back then since they only had about a hand full of styles. They were fighting wars and they were trying to protect them selves and their families. We don't need that today. (Well maybe Detroit and LA)
No other country hands out guns like skidles to the public ad the US and no one else has the violence on their streets, nightclubs, schools, office buildings and now your local movie theatre like the US as well.
The guns in our country are getting out of control when a 15 year old child shoots his parents in the head because they wont give her money to go to the movies."
Lets see today there are not bad guys who break through doors and rape or kill people at home. There are not bad guys today who break through your door and steal everything you own. Today there are not bad guys who go off the wall and just walk into places and start shooting people for no reason. HEll!!! no wonder us crazy people own guns in a world where there are no bad people anymore. HELL! I thought it was just me!!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #18

Liked 335 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Instead of ridiculing her, take her out shooting using 22s. My wife was pretty much along those lines before we got married. Actually exposing her to firearms made her a rabid 2a supporter.

What faces you is a chance to add a member to the cause. You cant do it with words only with experience.
I would try that, but I don't know her, she commented on a friends post on FB. Also she lives in Cali and live in IL, while I do try and introduce new shooters, I'm not about to spend my money on a trip to Cali to try and enlighten this fool.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #19

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Old 07-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 910 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 269

While in FL a Canadian asked me to take him to the range. I did, with a half dozen pistols. He had a ball. Cant't do that in Canada. A couple of 60ish men were doing the black rifle thing, single action, but lots of rounds. They were having a goooood time. The Canadian says, "why would anyone want to be able to shoot so many bullets." I told him he was brainwashed.
This broad from CA is brainwashed. We send them to school, at great expense, and they come back brainwashed. For some reason even if someone is OK with the 2nd, the amount of ammo is an issue.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V