There IS No Such Thing As An "Ex-Marine". - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > There IS No Such Thing As An "Ex-Marine".

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 01:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No, thank God I haven't been in a gunfight.

I imagine there was a lot of adrenaline pumping, his military instincts were likely kicking in, and he probably wasn't thinking "if I shoot this guy, is it legal?"...

But thats not what I'm trying to say. I was posing the question of shooting someone in the back merely from an 'after the fact' standpoint, or a "what if I were in this situation" type of question. Judging from the video it appears as though he did not face any legal repercussions from his actions, and like I said earlier, I completely agree with his actions. I was just simply wondering...

And for the record, I do not pretend to be an expert on anything, especially gunfighting.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:01 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Well, if it's a "what if" type question, then I would say that I would've done the same thing.

I would view the robber, and his/her accomplice both as threats to my life. Since a gun was not visible on the accomplice, I would not be able to confirm nor deny it's presence. I would have fired on both of them since they are both acting as one entity to commit the crime. I would not be willing to take the chance of letting the accomplice draw a possible hidden weapon and get a line of sight on me.

Hopefully no one here on this forum will have to go through what that Marine did. I am thankful that he was unharmed.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:47 AM   #13

Default No such thing as an "Ex" Marine

I was told by a Senior Marine that there are Marines and EX Marines. An EX Marine is a Marine that has been Dishonorable Discharged or received a Bad Conduct Discharge!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #14

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Wow, I know that place.

That jewelry store is about 3 miles from where I live, located on Rt 304. I hadn't heard anything in the local news about a jewelry robbery recently.

Good for the shop owner. Although here in NY he is probably fu*#ed for shooting aomeone, especially the criminal he shot in the back. NY loves to protect the criminals more than the victims.