Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > There IS No Such Thing As An "Ex-Marine".

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 02:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default There IS No Such Thing As An "Ex-Marine".

http://www.wimp.com/badthieves/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2008, 02:31 AM   #2

Smart Mother right there.

Doesn't even look it....and that's a good thing. Bad guys don't know what hit them. Most of them are cowards anyway....and that accomplice got hit square in the spine....paralyzed immediately.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Murtha's an ex-Marine isn't he??

9x18=Makarov

Old 12-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

while I support the man's right to defend himself against an armed attacker, I must say watching that video makes me wonder about a few things...

The accomplice (the one without a gun) was shot in the back, while attempting to flee. IMO, he is no longer a threat (not to mention that he was never armed, or if he was, never drew a weapon on the viewing area of the tape).

Is shooting someone in the back legal? I can't imagine that it is.

Also, I have to wonder where the first round ended up that the jeweler fired (the one that shattered the glass door).

Old 12-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

looks like a total rightous shooting to me .

Or as they say in Illinois , PAY TO PLAY!

Any gun owner that voted for obama is a gun owner I don't trust with a gun !

Old 12-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #6

How does he know what's going to happen? How does he know the guy isn't armed? I say you rob a store at gun point YOU GET SHOT!

Old 12-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent E View Post
How does he know what's going to happen? How does he know the guy isn't armed? I say you rob a store at gun point YOU GET SHOT!
Well, he didn't (and I don't) know that he wasn't armed. I do know that he never brandished a weapon in the camera's view (but again, this doesn't mean he wasn't armed).

But what I do know is that he was shot in the back while fleeing. He wasn't returning fire, and he didn't 'appear' to be reaching for a weapon. I'm not trying to say the shooting was not justified. I totally agree with the force he used. I just think that someone who is running away from you is no longer a threat.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
while I support the man's right to defend himself against an armed attacker, I must say watching that video makes me wonder about a few things...

The accomplice (the one without a gun) was shot in the back, while attempting to flee. IMO, he is no longer a threat (not to mention that he was never armed, or if he was, never drew a weapon on the viewing area of the tape).

Is shooting someone in the back legal? I can't imagine that it is.

Also, I have to wonder where the first round ended up that the jeweler fired (the one that shattered the glass door).
I thought about that, also. I concluded that turning your back on an armed victim does not give you some sort of magical immunity. The first round doesn't matter. All that mattered was that the victim lived.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Have any of you ever been in a gunfight?

I seriously doubt that the store owner was in a logical state of mind at the moment.

His body was pumped full of adrenaline and he was experiencing the "fight or flight" syndrome.

Basically he was pulling the trigger until his gun was either empty or his brain got a chance to register things again. That's why people have tunnel vision or things slow down during a big threat. The brain is having problems digesting all the info and body chemicals at once.

Probably shouldn't become internet tactical experts on this issue, people. The Marine (once a Marine always a Marine) acted in a way to defend his life. End of story.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:37 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
...Probably shouldn't become internet tactical experts on this issue, people. The Marine (once a Marine always a Marine) acted in a way to defend his life. End of story.
'Zactly...

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams